What you prefer ?

• 69% (29)
  • 31% (13)
Total voters: 42

What is Stop Orde?

What is the difference between Stop Loss and Stop Order?

Hello Roman!

How are you?

I continue firm as our Mentor has taught us!
and you?

I believe that Stop Order, our friend is referring to pending orders.

The difference is that you practice with a price swing without no moment to breathe :)

example:
I enter with a sell order, instead of Stop Loss I place a Buy Stop order.

I am operating currently in MT 4 of this form, but mine short order remains open !

gbemitte:
What is Stop Orde?
Its a pending order in the opposite direction of the first order.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5

chandra100:
Its a pending order in the opposite direction of the first order.
It is not a matter of preference, it is a question of need. If you need pending orders, use it, otherwise don't use it. You can also use both. It depends of your needs and not of your preferences.

PauloBrasil:
Hello Roman!

How are you?

I continue firm as our Mentor has taught us!
and you?

I believe that Stop Order, our friend is referring to pending orders.

The difference is that you practice with a price swing without no moment to breathe :)

example:
I enter with a sell order, instead of Stop Loss I place a Buy Stop order.

I am operating currently in MT 4 of this form, but mine short order remains open !
Hi Paulo, I am very well, thanks. Thank you for your comment. Have a GREAT day!

angevoyageur:
It is not a matter of preference, it is a question of need. If you need pending orders, use it, otherwise don't use it. You can also use both. It depends of your needs and not of your preferences.

Need is different from preferences.

1)    suppose if tp of first order is not hit. it may hit sl / stop order. some can expect that trend may change sometime in near future so some may not want to close with loss.

instead make a stop order to prevent equity from falling much.  once the expected trend is confirm one can close both 1st order and stop order with profit.

[ especially when we mistook the support or resistance we expected ]

2)   some people may close with sl and open a new trade later. 

i will add also to the topic trailing stop to be used togheter with stop loss.

Also agree with angevoyageur. each one doesn't exclude the others.