New Article: Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS - page 2

great shared conversation!!

Alfred Deller:

Good day ;what are the rent fees for metatrader 4 ? Is this virtual hosting also efficient to run strategy tester efficiently (high CPU usage) ? 

Thanks 

I believe strategy tester cannot be run on virtual hosts; only signals, experts and indicators may be "copied" to the "virtual" MT4 terminal.

Rentals start at USD10.00 per month (at time of writing this).

GregorAnton:

This looks interesting.  Is there a way to run executable files however as part of EA's?  

Lets say I want to call an external mail program to send html emails and attach screenshots to the email.  I'm using a VPS to do so. Is it possible to do shell calls and use the "Files" directory on such a hosted MT4 session? 

From the T&Cs of virtually hosted MT4 terminals: you cannot run any experts using externally DLL calls, and external files may only be written to or read from; I am unaware of "shell" scripts, although I pretty much believe this would not be possible either (Windows does not handle jailed shells well).

Good Morning,

After viewing the videos and migrating to the MQL5 Virtual Server, no position has been opened so far, how can I be sure that my expert advisor is running?

Thank you

Pedro