How to change default template for EA testing - page 2

There are no solutions for that at the moment.
You can only change the template of the first loaded chart, not all charts loaded by the tester...

Alain Verleyen #:

Of course it's possible, why not ?

For "live" chart, save your template as default.tpl

For "tester" chart, save your template as tester.tpl

For "debug" chart, save your template as debug.tpl.

I see the convention for the visual mode is that the default template name shall match the name of the EA tested, with .tpl as suffix.

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/algotrading/visualization

In Windows the "Strategy Tester Visualization" app has a menu entry Charts->Templates where you can load a template you saved from the main chart
 and save it with the name of the EA
(unless you already saved a template with that name in the main chart Templates->Save template menu. In that case you can see it also in the Visualization template menu
and it is automatically used by the Visualization when that EA is under visual test).

Testing Visualization - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
In the Strategy Tester of the trading platform, you can test Expert Advisors and indicators in the visual mode. This mode allows to visualize...

Gunnar Forsgren #: I see the convention for the visual mode is that the default template name shall match the name of the EA tested, with .tpl as suffix.

The template ordering for new charts is «EAname».tpl, (if tester) tester.tpl, (if debugging) debug.tpl (if offline chart) offline.tpl, and then Default.tpl.

Hi

You can try to prepare a template with the name of the EA.

For example, if your EA is called “MY_EA”, save a template with the name MY EA.tpl, then when you start test of your EA.

This template should automatically be applied on the tester chart.

Best Regards