Windows software support and development should be stopped.

• 31% (13)
  • 69% (29)
Total voters: 42

Metaquotes needs to slightly upgrade the metatrader versions on mobile to simply allow scripting and compiling. Strategy tester and the rest can & should be left out. If this update is made all one has to do after generating an ex4 or ex5 file is, choose to either

1) Save it locally on the mobile device;
2) Email to a specified location;
3) Save it to a secure third party location. (Metaquotes can initially provide such a service for a fee... )

4) Or upload it to your broker with a specified:-

b) Account Trader Password;
c) Symbol 'Chart' to be attached to;
d) Timeframe for 'Chart' to be used

The broker could then decide how much to charge for this 'VPS' service. However am pretty sure that if metaquotes properly redesigned or thought through how EAs interact with broker servers, this hosting is something which perharps the broker could do at a negligible cost. Initial guidelines could be with a limit to the file size submitted and penalties or charges if the file is too big but such an EA that runs directly on the brokers trading server is bound to easily have zero latency and zero windows server costs among other pros. Do you agree?

ssn:
 Do you agree?
I don't understand your Poll . . .  I don't understand your post . . .  do you understand what would actually be need to allow the mobile terminals (iphone/ipad/android) to run an ex4 or ex5 ?
Mobile Trading Platform MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Mobile trading is an exciting possibility to analyze price dynamics and execute trade operations in financial markets from anywhere in the world. And now its available with MetaTrader 5 Mobile Trading Software.

RaptorUK:
I don't understand your Poll . . .  I don't understand your post . . .  do you understand what would actually be need to allow the mobile terminals (iphone/ipad/android) to run an ex4 or ex5 ?
Mobile terminals will not run any EA. I am suggesting they at least allow for scripting and compiling

ssn:
Mobile terminals will not run any EA. I am suggesting they at least allow for scripting and compiling
That makes no sense.

angevoyageur:
That makes no sense.
Sound out your reasons...

ssn:
Sound out your reasons...
Really ? You want to create script, compile it and not run it. Why ? I don't see.

angevoyageur:
Really ? You want to create script, compile it and not run it. Why ? I don't see.
Read the whole post. You do not run it on your mobile device. You simply are given the options of uploading it to a broker directly or securing it. You could of course email it to a location where you can test it with metatrader on windows but these days, coming to think of it if you wanted to test or optimise it, you could do this remotely with the mql5 cloud for instance.
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

ssn:
Read the whole post. You do not run it on your mobile device. You simply are given the options of uploading it to a broker directly or securing it. You could of course email it to a location where you can test it with metatrader on windows but these days, coming to think of it if you wanted to test or optimise it, you could do this remotely with the mql5 cloud for instance.
When you want to post an idea, it is up to you to explain and make you understand. This is certainly not taking people for fools they will accept your ideas.

The post objective isn't clear to me. It starts with "Windows software support and development should be stopped" . Then in your follow-up post it becomes about scripting and compiling on mobile devices. It recommends getting rid of the strategy tester and having brokers provide vps services for the compiled files developed on mobile phones....................................... ridiculous !!

Ubzen:
The post objective isn't clear to me. It starts with "Windows software support and development should be stopped" . Then in your follow-up post it becomes about scripting and compiling on mobile devices. It recommends getting rid of the strategy tester and having brokers provide vps services for the compiled files developed on mobile phones....................................... ridiculous !!

Well in a word windows is wasteful... A lot of the things that it used to do yesteryear are now done with optimal resources on mobile.

Strategy tester should be called remotely from mobile.