Back testing, differences between brokers?...

Hi, i have been backtesting for awhile with data from duckascopy with exactly the same data with different platforms from a few different brokers, i noticed for some reason

that results differ on one broker than they do on the other, even though all the inputs of the EA i am tesing are exactly the same, the time frame, the dates used, everything. The only

thing i can think of is perhaps the close or open candles are different in the charts of the different brokers?

Does anyone have an opinion or experience about this?

Thanks

Yossi

1. not auto adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
  2. Not adjusting for differences in the spread (SL on sell, TP on buy)
  3. different min/max lot, lot step
  4. Not adjusting lot sizes for regular/micro lots

ynachum:

Hi, i have been backtesting for awhile with data from duckascopy with exactly the same data with different platforms from a few different brokers, i noticed for some reason

that results differ on one broker than they do on the other, even though all the inputs of the EA i am tesing are exactly the same, the time frame, the dates used, everything. The only

thing i can think of is perhaps the close or open candles are different in the charts of the different brokers?

Does anyone have an opinion or experience about this?

Thanks

Yossi

don't know what you mean with data from duckascopy with exactly the same data with different platforms

if you mean i started on all brokers the backtesting same date and stopped at same date,

then your tick data different brokers might not be the same that will be the issue when you have

the close or open candles are different in the charts of the different brokers