New article: Upgrade to MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher

New article Upgrade to MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher has been published:

On February 3, 2014 we released the new MetaTrader 4 build 600 with the completely revised MQL4 language and access to the Market of applications.

In addition to the updated MQL4 language for programming trading strategies, the new version of the MetaTrader 4 terminal provides a revised structore of user data storage. In earlier versions all programs, templates, profiles etc. were stored directly in the terminal installation folder. Now all necessary data required for a particular user are stored in a separate directory called data folder. However, some traders who have never worked with the latest versions of Windows may have question about the operation of the new terminal.

If you have custom MQL4-programs, the following dialog box will appear after upgrade to the new version. It shows brief information about changes in the file structure of the terminal. All the details of the update are available in the terminal log.

Author: MetaQuotes

Hi

I had MT4 build 509 that worked fine on my windows 7 PC... I have upgraded MT4 to build 625 and MT4 does not run at all. Can somebody help please. When I click on MT4 icon... it shows that something running, but MT4 window does not apear... I have tried to reinstall the program, but the result is the same...

Please advise .

igorkrug:

Hi

I had MT4 build 509 that worked fine on my windows 7 PC... I have upgraded MT4 to build 625 and MT4 does not run at all. Can somebody help please. When I click on MT4 icon... it shows that something running, but MT4 window does not apear... I have tried to reinstall the program, but the result is the same...

Please advise .

I have the same issue. did you manage to solve it?

freemnv:

I have the same issue. did you manage to solve it?

not yet. hope forum here can help

what about B628 ?

I have copied terminal.exe (build 628) to directory for AAAFX (i balieve build 625)... but the problem remaines the same - MT4 window does not appear.. Please advise. build 509 works very good...

The MQL4 folder is stored in a very cryptic directory, can it be change to a folder under Libraries?

Can we have a common folders for indicators,expert,include,etc in a common folders for all copies of MT4 while just separating the price data for different brokers ( price data for same broker should be in same folder)?

This should simplified things for the users and reduce data traffic for the broker server.