Questions for the floating buy and bid gap from ECN(Electronic Communication Network)

I am a new comer here. According to my knowledge, foreign exchange from customer to market through stock brokers,the buy and bid price are often using fixed gap, usually 2 points.

But foreign exchange from customer to market directly through ECN, ,the buy and bid price are often using floating gap.

I think the floating gap may be much smaller than the fixed gap.

How can I get the historic floating gap from mql4 or any data can be shown from the web?

Does the floating gap various from 0 point to 3 or other certain point? Is the floating gap wide when the market is fluctuating violently and narrower when the market is moderate or quiet?

Can anyone with kindness help me?

lserjt:

How can I get the historic floating gap from mql4 or any data can be shown from the web?

Does the floating gap various from 0 point to 3 or other certain point?

1. The difference between Ask and Bid is called the spread, use the correct terminology. Mt4 does not store the spread. Answer: your can't with mt4. You'll have to get tick data elsewhere.
  2. Don't talk about points, talk about pips. On a 4 digit broker (prices quoted at 1.2345) a point (0.0001) = 1 pip. But on a 5 digit broker (prices quoted at 1.23456) a point (0.00001) = 1/10 pip.
  3. The spread varies depending on market conditions AND your broker, so there isn't a way for us to answer.

lserjt:

I am a new comer here. According to my knowledge, foreign exchange from customer to market through stock brokers,the buy and bid price are often using fixed gap, usually 2 points.

But foreign exchange from customer to market directly through ECN, ,the buy and bid price are often using floating gap.

I think the floating gap may be much smaller than the fixed gap.

Does the floating gap various from 0 point to 3 or other certain point? Is the floating gap wide when the market is fluctuating violently and narrower when the market is moderate or quiet?

Can anyone with kindness help me?

There is a Spreadmonitor indi out there. I never used it, but It tracks the spread and you can put into a report somehow.

Try to search for MT4 spreadmonitor and you should find something. You can then track the spread going forward.

Good luck