Seek a method of differing two situations

I made an Indicator which can draw a line on chart as below; some time this line cross the bars around it and some time this line always run above / below bars as below:

the first situation:

the second situation:

So I want to get a good method of differing these two situations.

vx0532:I made an Indicator which can draw a line on chart as below; some time this line cross the bars around it and some time this line always run above / below bars as below: the first situation: the second situation: So I want to get a good method of differing these two situations.
If( Bid>iCustom() ) doesn't work for you?

vx0532:I made an Indicator which can draw a line on chart as below; some time this line cross the bars around it and some time this line always run above / below bars as below:

The line does NOT "always run above" so your question can not be answered. You must come up with a specific definition. Then coding it is easy.

• Bid > iCustom
  • ma - iCustom > x
  • last cross > n Bars

You just need to look at them and ask the question what is different about the 2 situations ?

In situation 1 the price meanders above and below the indicator, in situation 2 the price makes a sudden large move a long way from the indicator, the indicator is slow to repond to that large move so it remains some distance below the price for some time afterwards. A large move in a short time is the cause of the difference.

I know your meanings, thank you all.

but what i means is that I want to confirm it was just a "random wave" or a "Up/Down trend" for the past bars by computing this line and bars' price.

I know there must be many methods to do this, now I post here for a better or most commonly used method to execute it .

Thanks!