MT 4 Email Trade Alerts suddenly failed for the past week. They were working great

I was getting some really good trade alerts sent to my yahoo account. Suddenly, last week, they stopped. The error reads, Authentication required 530 5.7.1

I reset all the SMTP Server information correctly as it was, enabled, yet, still the error persists.

If you have a fix for this, please email me at b_ballentine@yahoo.com with an idea.

It is FXCMs Meta Trader 4 platform. They are Rob Bookers, TFL Divergence indicators. It was working great for months and suddenly stopped.

Please advise. Thank You. RB

Rob:

I was getting some really good trade alerts sent to my yahoo account. Suddenly, last week, they stopped. The error reads, Authentication required 530 5.7.1

I reset all the SMTP Server information correctly as it was, enabled, yet, still the error persists.

If you have a fix for this, please email me at b_ballentine@yahoo.com with an idea.

It is FXCMs Meta Trader 4 platform. They are Rob Bookers, TFL Divergence indicators. It was working great for months and suddenly stopped.

Please advise. Thank You. RB

Have a read of this: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/119330

and this: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/125634

This won't work for me. However, FXCM reports the MT4 email alerts don't work a lot for their clients. So, this is not new to MQL.

Question: Why doesn't one of the 'techies' w/MT4 have a fix for this problem. I was getting good, profitable alerts and now, for some reason, they have stopped, with the above error message.

Any one else have any ideas? Thanks, rrb, carlsbad

Rob:

This won't work for me. However, FXCM reports the MT4 email alerts don't work a lot for their clients. So, this is not new to MQL.

Question: Why doesn't one of the 'techies' w/MT4 have a fix for this problem. I was getting good, profitable alerts and now, for some reason, they have stopped, with the above error message.

Any one else have any ideas? Thanks, rrb, carlsbad

It's most likely down to a change that Yahoo have made, get a proper email service and you will not have issues, you will have to pay for it though, I know that is unfashionable these days.

It looks like you need to speak with Yahoo . . . http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=7161627

RaptorUK:

It's most likely down to a change that Yahoo have made, get a proper email service and you will not have issues, you will have to pay for it though, I know that is unfashionable these days.

It looks like you need to speak with Yahoo . . . http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=7161627

i AM Indeed very thankful for the link above. xxxxxx Worldwide SMTP Service did the trick. I really like xxxxxxxxxx He gives away free Divergence Indicators and Jennifer gives her Hopper indicator also. They are really good and profitable.

RaptorUK: THANKS! I would also like to share I am getting a lot out of the weekly webinars xxxxxxxxxxx offers. Mike is a successful trader who offers no hype trading ideas. Just sharing with you because you took the time to offer a solution for my mail alerts.

I also wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and, of course: Good Trading RRB

Rob:

i AM Indeed very thankful for the link above. xxxxxxx Worldwide SMTP Service did the trick. I really like xxxxxxxxx He gives away free Divergence Indicators and Jennifer gives her Hopper indicator also. They are really good and profitable.

RaptorUK: THANKS! I would also like to share I am getting a lot out of the weekly webinars xxxxxxxxxx offers. Mike is a successful trader who offers no hype trading ideas. Just sharing with you because you took the time to offer a solution for my mail alerts.

I also wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and, of course: Good Trading RRB

I'm glad you got it sorted . . . but please bear in mind the rules about advertising, it's not allowed.

RaptorUK:
I'm glad you got it sorted . . . but please bear in mind the rules about advertising, it's not allowed.

Sorry, Just read your note and didn't know that. I'm not on their staff and not formally advertising. I will not 'Share' such information in the future. I just thought that getting the SMTP Service information was also of that type of information. Didn't know about the Rules. I probably will pay for more emails than they allow for free. I do wonder if Yahoo's paid service might solve the problem as well. Right now, it's back, at least for 20 emails a day. Those indicators fire off whey more than that per day however. Thanks again, and, no more 'advertising from me.' RRB

Rob:

Sorry, Just read your note and didn't know that. I'm not on their staff and not formally advertising. I will not 'Share' such information in the future. I just thought that getting the SMTP Service information was also of that type of information. Didn't know about the Rules. I probably will pay for more emails than they allow for free. I do wonder if Yahoo's paid service might solve the problem as well. Right now, it's back, at least for 20 emails a day. Those indicators fire off whey more than that per day however. Thanks again, and, no more 'advertising from me.' RRB