Please help me check my coding , it's not working . - page 3

juniorlcq:

I tried removing it also still the same ... You can try copy this and compile it ... it still didn't work after i change the position of the sub-function ....

Period() is a mql4 function, you cannot use Period as a variaable name . . . did you read the compiler warnings ?

'Period' - comma expected Z:\Download\Trading\Coding\Others Code\Data(MajorPairs).mq4 (41, 27)

same with Symbol . . .

Where are your ProcessWeekly() and ProcessMonthly() functions ?

RaptorUK:

Period() is a mql4 function, you cannot use Period as a variaable name . . . did you read the compiler warnings ?

same with Symbol . . .

Thanks for that advice, the errors now are getting lesser . Where can I read compiler warnings ???

Here's the latest one, there's still some part can't be compile, I'm stuck here again ....

Edit : wrong code again, again , again ...

juniorlcq:

Thanks for that advice, the errors now are getting lesser . Where can I read compiler warnings ???

Here's the latest one, there's still some part can't be compile, I'm stuck here again .....

Double click the warning, starting at the top and you will be taken to the line where the error is . . . most times. Fix the obvious errors, save compile . . . rinse and repeat.

Still have some error " variable not defined " jumps out .... Not sure how to fixed these parts ...

I change Symbol to Emblem ... But I'm not sure why the error " variable not defined " jumps out ... Shouldn't be jumping out already after the word Symbol had changed ....

juniorlcq:

Still have some error " variable not defined " jumps out .... Not sure how to fixed these parts ...

Declare the variable . . .

juniorlcq:

I change Symbol to Emblem ... But I'm not sure why the error " variable not defined " jumps out ... Shouldn't be jumping out already after the word Symbol had changed ....

You have to change all instances of Symbol, not Symbol(), just Symbol to Emblem . . .

RaptorUK:

Declare the variable . . .

You have to change all instances of Symbol, not Symbol(), just Symbol to Emblem . . .

Error and pause " variable not defined " ...

Ya changed Symbol to Emblem, should be working but still showing " variable not defined "

juniorlcq:

Error and pause " variable not defined " ...

Ya changed Symbol to Emblem, should be working but still showing " variable not defined "

Did you declare Error and pause ? or did you just declare Pause ?

The last errors I got were:

'ProcessWeekly' - function is not defined Z:\Download\Trading\Coding\Others Code\Data(MajorPairs).mq4 (198, 10)

'ProcessMonthly' - function is not defined Z:\Download\Trading\Coding\Others Code\Data(MajorPairs).mq4 (199, 10)

. . . hence my question:

While you are at it, how does this make sense to you ?

bool   Error = False ;           //  this is a bool . . . can be true or false

Error = CheckHistoricalDataAvailability ( Period. ) ;    //  what does this function return ?  a bool . . . 

. . . lets see . . .

int CheckHistoricalDataAvailability ( int Period. )

. . . no, it's an int

Edit : wrong code again again again again again !!!!

RaptorUK:

While you are at it, how does this make sense to you ?

. . . lets see . . .

. . . no, it's an int

I'm sorry still don't get it ........

The Symbol to Emblem still not working :(