Investor mode

Hi, i have a few questions about investor mode (logged in with investor password) .Firstly i know that it is read only acces so that trading is not allowed, but i`m curious about what other rights do they have if they log in with inv password.

For example if i run an EA on my acc, and some1 logs in with inv password, can they see what EA i run or can they access my EA in any way? Like download it or modify it?

Also i would like to know if anyone can log in via investor mode while i`m logged in normal mode?

And also i would like to know if they can modify anything in my trade setup whatsoever via investor mode?

The answers to your three questions are: no; yes; no.

In more detail:

(2) Any number of copies of MT4 can be logged in to the same account at the same time, using either the main or investor passwords. You can have two copies (or 947 copies) of MT4 in different places, both trading on the same account at the same time. Or you can have one copy logged in using the main password and one logged in using the investor password at the same time.

(1) and (3): the investor password gives access to the trading history which is downloaded from the broker. It does not give access to anything about your own installation of MT4. The investor password does not give access to the EAs you are using, and it does not give access to things like the log entries which are created on your local hard disk, the chart profiles on your computer, MT4 settings such as "Allow live trading" etc.

Someone can only see which EA you are using in that they can see the magic numbers associated with each order, and that may tell which EA you are using. But, repeating the point above, they cannot see the EA, download its code, modify its code etc.

cyclops993:

The answers to your three questions are: no; yes; no.

In more detail:

(2) Any number of copies of MT4 can be logged in to the same account at the same time, using either the main or investor passwords. You can have two copies (or 947 copies) of MT4 in different places, both trading on the same account at the same time. Or you can have one copy logged in using the main password and one logged in using the investor password at the same time.

(1) and (3): the investor password gives access to the trading history which is downloaded from the broker. It does not give access to anything about your own installation of MT4. The investor password does not give access to the EAs you are using, and it does not give access to things like the log entries which are created on your local hard disk, the chart profiles on your computer, MT4 settings such as "Allow live trading" etc.

Someone can only see which EA you are using in that they can see the magic numbers associated with each order, and that may tell which EA you are using. But, repeating the point above, they cannot see the EA, download its code, modify its code etc.

[1] AND [3],Nice to hear that, now i feel much safer.

But regarding to point [2], you mean infinite number of investor moders can log in into my account, is this refers also to DEMO and REAL accounts too?

And didnt understood it quite well, more people can log into my real account also using the real password? Isnt that a bit unsafe ? I mean if someone steals my real password for example they can log in the same time while i`m logged in? I know i should notify my broker immediatly if some1 stole my pw,but if i trade using an EA and the EA runs 24/5, that already would not let anyone log in (if only 1 main log in would be allowed on real account) while my EA runs.But if someone for example stole my password and logged in while my EA is running they could wipe out my account, that is very unsafe in my opinion.

Also i`m not sure if this is the case for DEMO and both REAL accounts, so please tell me if its different.

So if that said by you that the investor password is fine and nobody could modify or see any personal information while being logged in in this mode.The questions again are:

-Is this the same for both REAL and DEMO account?

-Can multiple PC's with different IP addresses log in into my real account with the normal password at the same time?

-Can multiple PC's with different IP addresses log in into my real account with the investor password at the same time?

Please answer my last question it is very important :)

Proximus:
Please answer my last question it is very important :)
Why don't you test and find out for yourself ? the people you are asking are just MT4 and mql4 forum users just like you . . . . if you want a definitive answer ask MetaQuotes.