Weird: Can't use loop variable, or complex expression for buffer index - page 2

atharmian:

What I said is the truth. I was misled, and no funny cartoon can help that.

If you don't believe me, simply check the indi and you'll agree !

If that is all that is important to you then I'm really not interested . . . and it seems that it is, so I'll leave you to it.

RaptorUK:
If that is all that is important to you then I'm really not interested . . . and it seems that it is, so I'll leave you to it.

I am not sure what tripped you: the truth or the indi problem. Anyway.

atharmian:

I am not sure what tripped you: the truth or the indi problem. Anyway.
It was your need to have another go at another Forum user . . . you just can't let it lie.

RaptorUK:
It was your need to have another go at another Forum user . . . you just can't let it lie.

Yeah, the guy who cost me weeks of frustration as a newbie. At least I know it really isn't me.

MQL4 isn't my priority and it's quite useless for profitable forex trading anyway. My indi problem now is

essentially resolved (thanks in part to another Forum member, SDC), and the remaining bug (partial H1

display) really is CrapT4, as named by Steve at www.stevehopwoodforum.com.

Max Keiser at rt.com does a better job of forex than any coder, and is much more entertaining.

atharmian: You had self-promised that you would ignore my threads.
No. I promised I would try and not help you.

atharmian:

PS. Had I not been misled twice by WHRoeder, first with his telling me that I need iBarShift when in fact my shift (or i) was already defined as shift on the respective TFs in calc functions using iMA, iATR and iClose, I wouldn't be messing around so much. Then, he made me beat about the bush a second time with his dismissal of EMTPY_VALUE problem, which SDC solved nicely for me. Some people are quite irresponsible here, others just fine !

I think that is a little unfair, WHR didn't intentionally mislead you, he was trying to help you solve the problem, sometimes that takes a litttle trial and error.

SDC:
I think that is a little unfair, WHR didn't intentionally mislead you, he was trying to help you solve the problem, sometimes that takes a litttle trial and error.

SDC,

I hear you :)

BUT, WHRoeder did it twice. And his attitude about mouthing off how stupid people are,

and why they just need to write their own code doesn't help. If we could write our own code

snippets (a bit of help), why bother coming here? And just read his above reply- he is a control freak.

Now I did apologize once to RaptorUK for WHRoeder when he said I should, thinking I had exaggerated.

It appears now I had not. Now when has WHRoeder ever apologized to anyone? We all, in any community,

owe a bit to each other, including volunteers. Volunteers should not be playing God.

Admittedly, RaptorUK's refusal to help me out after saying he was "about to look' ... but stopped "for my

mistreating a Forum User" is comical. I have read lots of comments of Forum members against each other,

and mine are gentle in comparison. Lots of insecurity here.

Truth hurts.

Regards,

Athar.

When you respond, you give the troll power. When you ignore the troll, he starves for attention and eventually dies.

And when the troll is banned, he died. Please stop this senseless discussion.

angevoyageur:
And when the troll is banned, he died. Please stop this senseless discussion.

I feel better reading this: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/145019. It's not just me.

And now I am taking my ball home :)