New to Metatrader - Trying to download Daily Pivot Points

Does anyone have a simple instruction how to download and add indicators. Have downloaded DailyPivotPoints from MQL4 codebase and compiled. Can see this in indicators list however when try to add nothing happens. When pop up appears it shows the inout as having value '0' (zero). Can someone help a newbie. Cheers

As there are probably a lot of custom indicators called DailyPivotPoints, it is unlikely that anyone can help you except the author unless you show the code.

Cheers for response GumRai. Do you use a specific or know of a Daily Pivot Point code thats working. Also can I assume I am correctly downloading i.e. download into Metaeditor. then add as Expert Advisor under the Expert Advisor Wizard,then compile. The file now appears in Expert Advisors tab in the platform. Following I drag to the pairs chart and should be able to load. Is this correct or am I doing something totally wrong? Thanks

Hops7:
Cheers for response GumRai. Do you use a specific or know of a Daily Pivot Point code thats working. Also can I assume I am correctly downloading i.e. download into Metaeditor. then add as Expert Advisor under the Expert Advisor Wizard,then compile. The file now appears in Expert Advisors tab in the platform. Following I drag to the pairs chart and should be able to load. Is this correct or am I doing something totally wrong? Thanks

If the indicator is complete then you should not need to compile it yourself. You do not download into Metaeditor.

The usual way to place the file is

C:\program files\(MT4 platform)\ experts\indicators

(MT4 platform) is your broker, you should be able to find it

You then close and re-open the platform and you should be able to add the indicator to your chart.

1. Look in the Journal tab. There are n o mind readers here. You have to provide some useful information.
  2. You originally talked about an indicator, why are you now talking about EAs?
  3. Why didn't you provide the source code or a link as previously asked.

GumRai:

If the indicator is complete then you should not need to compile it yourself. You do not download into Metaeditor.

The usual way to place the file is

C:\program files\(MT4 platform)\ experts\indicators

. . . bear in mind that it is a bad idea to install MT4 ( or MT5 ) in Program Files* . . . instead use something like C:\MT4Installs\broker_name\

RaptorUK:
. . . bear in mind that it is a bad idea to install MT4 ( or MT5 ) in Program Files* . . . instead use something like C:\MT4Installs\broker_name\

Yes, I was referring to the default when installing MT4. Anyone that had chosen a different path would hopefully have no problem knowing the path to install an indicator and would not need to ask :)