Recent builds has problem to download M1 data reliably

Hi 

I have noticed that with recent two builds, there is a major issue to download complete M1 history data. I am experiencing the same problem across multiple brokers therefore I can safely conclude that it is not a specific broker issue. As far as I understand that by default, MT4 platform allows users to download up to 1~ 2 months latest M1 data. Most brokers offer about 1 month data but some stretches to up to 2 months. I have been downloading/updating M1 history across 6 brokers on major pairs over the last 2 years on a WEEKLY basis. I have never had any problem up to recent builds. With recent builds, I have to spend more than half hour to ensure each pair on each broker has indeed downloaded COMPLETE M1 data. The symptom is that quite often, some pairs would only gets partial data leaving some gaps. Restarting the platform won't fix the issue because MT4 downloads data backwards so it downloads the latest first and then goes all the way back your last update.  Since partial download data  already covers the latest M1 history, so it has no idea that there is a gap between current and last update. The only way to fix it is to go to history file manually delete all the M1 data from the gap up to current. Close that chart for the pair and restart the platform before opening the affect pair chart again.  Sometimes, I find myself have to repeat above steps few times before it can download the complete data. It is very frustrate and unbearable. 

See attached sample charts. 1st one shows that EUR/USD M1 partially downloaded last Friday's data 19th and stopped. Last update was 12th (Friday).  Out of 6 pairs on this broker, AUD/USD also only downloaded up to 16th (ie from 19 to 16) and then stopped. The 2nd chart shows that I used above workaround to get around the problem, successfully downloaded all the data up to 15th (last Monday).

https://www.metaquotes.net/en/company/contacts

If you believe its a bug then contact meta-quote. This forum is about mql4 programming.

I don't see any problem.

Hi

I have a similar problem can only download back to last Friday the 19th.

Also across three different brokers.  I don't usually use brokers data becasue it has never been reliable , too many gaps,

but now I can't import external data either for morethan a few days.

I have emailed metaquotes suppport and will post their reply if and when I get one.

In the meantime it would be good to know if anyone has a workaround.

No data really screws up my range bar indicators. 

cheers

Keith 

kminler:

Hi

I have a similar problem can only download back to last Friday the 19th.

Brokers don't usually provide much M1 data.  If you aren't getting what you think you should then talk to your Broker,  the data they provide is totally within their control.

Hey Raptor thanks for the thought.

This issue is not just with brokers but in my case primarily with third party data and across at least three brokers platform in my case.

Per my last post I have received a first reply from metaquaotes and they suggest cheecking Max Bars in Hisotry and Chart.

In both cases mine are way high enough. I would assume Copycat has his set high enough as well

Waiting for further iunput from them.

In the mentime does anyone know if  there is an way to go back to instal earlier builds of MT4?

thanks

Keith 

kminler:

Hey Raptor thanks for the thought.

This issue is not just with brokers but in my case primarily with third party data and across at least three brokers platform in my case.

Third party data ?  can you explain what you mean by that ?

Sure. Source ourtside of a broker, for example lately I have been using http://www.histdata.com/download-free-forex-data/

tons of, as far as I can tell, very clean data.

Keith 

kminler:

Sure. Source ourtside of a broker, for example lately I have been using http://www.histdata.com/download-free-forex-data/

tons of, as far as I can tell, very clean data.

So you are having problems when you import data that is not from your Broker ?  are you importing this data while you are connected to your Broker ?  if you are then I'm not surprised.

Read and try this: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143430/page2#756987

AAh, very interesting, maybe I was just lucky before, becasue yes I was importing data while connected to the broker.

I'll work my way through this later, tied up trading right now.

Many thanks!!!

Keith