different results from optimisation and simulation

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem or knows of any solutions.

If I run an EA optimisation and double click on the results that I want to use, then run an EA simulation straight away I get completely different results. It doesn't matter whether I use 'every tick', 'control points' or open prices. The results from optimisation and back testing are vastly different.

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or if this is a program fault.

Thanks

David

Its not a program's fault.

newton.dj:

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem or knows of any solutions.

If I run an EA optimisation and double click on the results that I want to use, then run an EA simulation straight away I get completely different results. It doesn't matter whether I use 'every tick', 'control points' or open prices. The results from optimisation and back testing are vastly different.

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or if this is a program fault.

For the optimization run what was the Spread ?  for the single run what was the Spread ?  if you don't know why not ?

Thanks for your input. I found the answer. Thought I would post it for other dummies like me (maybe I'm the only one).

Must check the genetic algorithm box.