Need Please Help with Charts - page 2

jaysol:

WHRoeder,

As you can see regardless, whether I have it clicked or un-clicked, the charts stay the same.

Select the chart you want to adjust by clicking on it before using Auto Scroll AND Chart Shift buttons.

Why did you unclick the auto scroll? There are two buttons. I asked you to click on one - you clicked on both. I give up.

WHRoeder:
Why did you unclick the auto scroll? There are two buttons. I asked you to click on one - you clicked on both. I give up.

WHRoeder, for your benefit......here

jaysol:

WHRoeder, for your benefit......here

You have to do it for each chart,  select a chart click the buttons,  select the next chart click the buttons, etc, etc

RaptorUK:
You have to do it for each chart,  select a chart click the buttons,  select the next chart click the buttons, etc, etc

ReptourUk thanks but I have done that and believe me, it is not working. If you want, I can upload a snap shot

showing you that, but that is not the problem. There is something else that is not working right and was hoping someone

on this forum would have a solution.

I mean if it works on one chart, why wouldn't I try the same settings for the rest.

Anyway, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my plea and am hoping I can solve this problem soon.

jaysol:ReptourUk thanks but I have done that and believe me, it is not working. If you want, I can upload a snap shot

showing you that, but that is not the problem. There is something else that is not working right and was hoping someone

on this forum would have a solution.

I mean if it works on one chart, why wouldn't I try the same settings for the rest.

Anyway, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my plea and am hoping I can solve this problem soon.

Have you tried creating a template? Follow these steps.

• Close all your charts within the Terminal.
  • Click File>NewChart>EURUSD
  • Press F8 - After the Chart Comes Up
  • Click on the Common Tab
  • UnCheck Chart_Shift then OK
  • Right-Click within the Chart and Select Template Menu
  • The Arrow Brings-Up another Menu
  • Select Save Template
  • In the Name field, Type in Default then hit Save.

To test that it's worked, close all windows and open EURUSD again. Try changing the TimeFrames to Higher TimeFrames. If you're on a higher timeframe and it's un-shifted then Right-Click the chart and select the Default Template. Remember to hit Refresh. Try that and see how it goes.

***Note: I doubt it's the problem but if you're on windows7 || windows vista, don't install mt4 within the programs_files folder.

- Also on higher timeframes, you may be limited in Data and/or the Number_of_Bars on Chart. Is your Terminal Connected to the Broker? Have you ever tried Opening a Chart for GbpUsd or UsdChf? Increase the number of bars on chart to 999999999 all 9s just to be sure. Also increase the NumOfBars in History 999999999 all 9s. Tools>Options>Chart_Tab. Allows you to. Then connect to your Broker>Open those pairs in question>Hit the Home Key on your KeyBoard.

ubzen:

Have you tried creating a template? Follow these steps.

• Close all your charts within the Terminal.
  • Click File>NewChart>EURUSD
  • Press F8 - After the Chart Comes Up
  • Click on the Common Tab
  • UnCheck Chart_Shift then OK
  • Right-Click within the Chart and Select Template Menu
  • The Arrow Brings-Up another Menu
  • Select Save Template
  • In the Name field, Type in Default then hit Save.

To test that it's worked, close all windows and open EURUSD again. Try changing the TimeFrames to Higher TimeFrames. If you're on a higher timeframe and it's un-shifted then Right-Click the chart and select the Default Template. Remember to hit Refresh. Try that and see how it goes.

***Note: I doubt it's the problem but if you're on windows7 || windows vista, don't install mt4 within the programs_files folder.

- Also on higher timeframes, you may be limited in Data and/or the Number_of_Bars on Chart. Is your Terminal Connected to the Broker? Have you ever tried Opening a Chart for GbpUsd or UsdChf? Increase the number of bars on chart to 999999999 all 9s just to be sure. Also increase the NumOfBars in History 999999999 all 9s. Tools>Options>Chart_Tab. Allows you to. Then connect to your Broker>Open those pairs in question>Hit the Home Key on your KeyBoard.

Finally got a decent answer. Thanks a bunch, ubzen.

I tried your suggestion for increasing the number of Bars and now all the bar are moving to the right end.  

The only other problem I have left is, other then EUR/USD, were the bars go back to 2012, the rest only

go back to Apr 16, 2013.

If you know how to fix that, I would greatly appreciate it.

jaysol: The only other problem I have left is, other then EUR/USD, were the bars go back to 2012, the rest only go back to Apr 16, 2013.
That sounds like a limit in data. If you've enabled all bars and 2012 is the furtherest data you get. Then that means thats all the broker offers. If you need more data than the broker offers then consider downloading data from else-where example here.