Backtests before 2010 useless?

Hi,

I downloaded the tick data with the max settings in the options (999.. -> 257...), so there is a tick data back to 1970 in my MT4. I know that the spread and all these things can chane the results, but I heard someone said in a conference that the tick values of 2010 are the last one and that he would not recommend tests before 01/2010, because the values might be very wrong. 

I tested my EA before 2010 and the results are just horrible. Then ... starting the tests in 2010 everything is working fine.

I wanted to ask you if there is something wrong with the values before 01/2010, so I should not use it or they results don't have to do anything with real results?

BR

Deyaz:

Hi,

I downloaded the tick data with the max settings in the options (999.. -> 257...), so there is a tick data back to 1970 in my MT4. I know that the spread and all these things can chane the results, but I heard someone said in a conference that the tick values of 2010 are the last one and that he would not recommend tests before 01/2010, because the values might be very wrong. 

I tested my EA before 2010 and the results are just horrible. Then ... starting the tests in 2010 everything is working fine.

I wanted to ask you if there is something wrong with the values before 01/2010, so I should not use it or they results don't have to do anything with real results?

Where did you get your tick data from and what did you use to convert it to hst data ?

I downloaded the data from my Broker via Extras > Complete History > Currency > M1 > Download (2 times)

Deyaz:
I downloaded the data from my Broker via Extras > Complete History > Currency > M1 > Download (2 times)
Ah,  so it's not tick data, the data pre 2010 is probably OK it's just that your EA is curve fitted to post 2010 type price movement . . .