The 1st Rule of forum.mql4.com - page 2

WHRoeder:

OK, I'll chime in.

1. Mq4 and auto trading. There is  Mq4 and auto - everyone agrees that is fine here.
  2. Mq4 and auto trading. There is  ninja and auto - Raptor and I agree, off topic.
  3. Mq4 and auto trading. There is  any platform and auto - Shall we talk about Turtle Trading strategy, or break out, or which is better? How do we define better? Do we want this forum to be exactly like forexfactory, forex-tcp, or babypips?
  4. Mq4 and auto trading. Shale we talk about the weather?
  5. I take the AND literally.
  6. "This doesn't work" - Maybe you should compile it. "This won't compile" - sometimes anyone can't see it. How the question is worded makes a difference.
  7. How do I 'once per bar' 'open an order' 'find the last high' Search, book, doc, all answer it. The person not only wastes their own time, their wasted ours. They deserve the ridicule IMHO.
  8. How do I  compute drawdown - Answered. Is there a complete EA - answered. Non-obvious, complicated - I'll sometimes post a complete solution.
  9. How do I do X - non-trivial. Where is your code attempt? We're not going to do it all for you. If they are not lazy or wanting a hand out they will respond and we have a discussion. If they are - they should leave until they grow up.
  10. We should be adults here. Not trying to teach a first grader. Not giving handouts to those that wont work.

How the answer is worded makes a BIG difference. Take the topic of Tad. He ask an interesting question, not a programming one, but an auto trading one. Before coding, you have to know what to code, you have to elaborate a trading system. Why someone could not ask such questions here ?

angevoyageur:

How the answer is worded makes a BIG difference. Take the topic of Tad. He ask an interesting question, not a programming one, but an auto trading one. Before coding, you have to know what to code, you have to elaborate a trading system. Why someone could not ask such questions here ?

His question wasn't specifically Auto trading though,  it could equally be valid for Manual Trading. I don't believe it is within the remit of this Forum,  it is certainly within the remit of the MQL5 forum,  maybe he should be directed there ?

RaptorUK:
His question wasn't specifically Auto trading though,  it could equally be valid for Manual Trading. I don't believe it is within the remit of this Forum,  it is certainly within the remit of the MQL5 forum,  maybe he should be directed there ?

Maybe that would be a good solution, but politely and kindly ;-)

angevoyageur:
Maybe that would be a good solution, but politely and kindly ;-)

LOL,  I don't know any other ****ing way !