Execution Times

I'm new to MT4, so forgive my ignorance.  I've been playing with a demo account with FXCM, and notice that execution times are EXTREMELY slow compared to execution times I experience with a live account on my normal trading platform.  I thought this was really odd since this is a demo account.  Specifically, I've been playing with scripts that close current orders on a chart, and a script that closes all open orders in the account.  Whenever I drag one of these (or any other) on to the chart, it can take up to 10 seconds to execute.  Is this normal?

mpr:
I'm new to MT4, so forgive my ignorance.  I've been playing with a demo account with FXCM, and notice that execution times are EXTREMELY slow compared to execution times I experience with a live account on my normal trading platform.  I thought this was really odd since this is a demo account.  Specifically, I've been playing with scripts that close current orders on a chart, and a script that closes all open orders in the account.  Whenever I drag one of these (or any other) on to the chart, it can take up to 10 seconds to execute.  Is this normal?
How many open orders do you have ?  are there any delays built into the script ?  what did your Broker say when you asked them about slow execution ?

How many open orders do you have ? I've played around with up to four orders opened at once  with each on a different pair.

are there any delays built into the script ? Script was provided by the broker, and I have no visibility into it.

what did your Broker say when you asked them about slow execution ? haven't asked.

Thanks for the response.  It just seemed odd that I could close the orders manually faster than the script could - but there will be other times when I drag the script on to the chart and it starts working immediately.