Multiple charts opening using Startup Config

Hi

This question was asked last year (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/136611) but never answered.

I basically need to know the same: when using the startup config, I know how to write a simple Notepad file (see below) to make a specific chart start up each time MT4 is started regardless of last profiles, templates etc. I am aware MT4 saves the last state and starts again from there on the next reboot, but that's not a solution to my issue.

So, can you make more than one chart, EA etc appear at the start of each reboot using the startup config method? If so, what is the code that would link it all? Or is there a better way using the code?

This is a simple, working code for one chart:

Symbol=EURUSD
Period=M30
Expert=MACD Simple

So for multiple charts on open I am looking for something like...

Symbol=EURUSD
Period=M30
Expert=MACD Simple

and

Symbol=AUDUSD
Period=M15
Expert=Moving Average Crossover

...but obviously the "and" is not the answer. What would make this work?

I really am having a hard time believing that MT4, for all of it's flexibility, cannot allow you to open more than one chart on open using the startup config. 

Many thanks to all

Pinky 

pinky: This question was asked last year (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/136611) but never answered.

Yes I did. "Put the EA's on the charts. When you close the terminal it will AUTOMATICALLY write out its configuration and restore itself next time. (Unless you installed it in \program files* on Vista/Win7)"

Make sure you set tools -> options -> server -> keep personal settings.

Sometime, config does not always works, so you have to use profile anyway.

BTW, most files in MT (.tpl, .chr, etc) can be opened and read by using notepad/text document. 

phi.nuts - thanks for your help, I'll carry on playing with it.

WHRoeder - no, you didn't answer it. You RESPONDED to it. There's a difference. You gave another solution which is totally different to the solution the question addresses. Example:

"I need to DRIVE to London, how do I get there?"

"Oh, just take a train."

"No, I need to take my car because I have a car full of stuff to take with me etc..."

"I just told you, take the train."

Very frustrating. Both will get me there, but the train solution is no good for the purpose and clearly the question did not mention anything about trains - only the fact I need to DRIVE there.

I hope this clarifies it for you for future reference. 

Pinky 

pinky: WHRoeder - no, you didn't answer it. You RESPONDED to it. There's a difference. You gave another solution which is totally different to the solution the question addresses.

Your question was how to have MT open multiple charts on startup. It already does that. No need for to play with charts.ini or termininal.ini.
You need to drive to London. There is no need to talk about the the car's carburetor.

I needed the same thing.

I wanted to attach EA to multiple charts at startup. But I couldn't add more than one.

After a lot of searching, thinking and trying I achieved that, I think.

- I opened MT4.
- I prepared the charts I want and attached the EAs with the parameters.
- I saved the works as a new profile. (File > Profiles > Save As)

Then I specified the profile name in the startup config/ini file.     

; common settings
  Profile=myprofile1
  MarketWatch=set2.set 
 Login=xxx
 Password=xxx
  Server=xxx
  AutoConfiguration=false
  DataServer=xxx
  EnableDDE=true
  EnableNews=false  

; experts settings

ExpertsEnable=true
ExpertsTrades=true
ExpertsDllImport=true
ExpertsDllConfirm=true
ExpertsExpImport=true
ExpertsTradesConfirm=false 

- Then when I started MT4 with config file parameter, it loaded all the charts and EA's as I wanted.

•  terminal.exe config/startup.ini 

Let me add a final note. I don't know why but sometimes  the EAs removed from the charts.
To solve this problem, I made the profile directory read-only. Since I am using Ubuntu, I did that with the following command:

•  chmod -R ugo=rx  profiles/myprofile1

If I need some changes in my profile, I make the profile directory writable before saving the profile in MT4.

•  chmod -R ugo=rwx  profiles/myprofile1

Hope this helps.