Nothing happens in Strategy Tester

I have written a couple of simple EA's MANY months ago and just wrote a new one after all this time - but I have become very rusted.

When I want to run this successfully compiled EA in the Strategy Tester nothing wants to happen. I cannot even open "Expert Properties" to set the external variables.

I faintly remember something similar happen in the distant past but cannot remember the cause.

It will be greatly appreciated if somebody can assist me with this problem and give me some direction where i can go and look to rectify the problem.

Thanking you in anticipation.

If you use any include files with #property library that may cause the properties tab to dis-appear.

ubzen:
If you use any include files with #property library that may cause the properties tab to dis-appear.

The "Export Properties" tab is there but nothing happens when I click on it. The same with "Start".

I tested other EA's and then these actions do work, so something must be wrong with my EA.

Are you able to put a simple Print() statement after the start() ? Example: comment out everything else and see if start works. Also, check for any Error messages in the log.

/*Original Code*/
void start(){
    Blah...Blah...Blah...
    Blah...Blah...Blah...
    Blah...Blah...Blah...
}

/*Simple Print Code*/
void start(){
    Print("Here********");
}
/*
    Blah...Blah...Blah...
    Blah...Blah...Blah...
    Blah...Blah...Blah...
}
*/

ubzen:

Are you able to put a simple Print() statement after the start() ? Example: comment out everything else and see if start works. Also, check for any Error messages in the log.

Thanks a lot for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated!

The problem was actually at the init() section and stopped the EA from even reaching Start().

Thanks again!

No problem :)