Best method to identify trend in forex - page 2

launic:

Indentifying the trend depends on the analized timeframe,

for the D1 timeframe the 200 EMA can be used:

• if the 200 EMA slope is up and the price action is on the upper side of the EMA => uptrend
  • if the 200 EMA slope is down and the price action is on the lower side of the EMA => downtrend

I mention the daily chart because it shows the important trend,

on lower timeframes you could take as a trend what is only a correction of the trend on the daily.

"analized" is a derogatory word. It should be "analysed" or "analyzed".

as the oldsaying goes, the trand is not your friend , it will be there untill it band , there is some trader will take the 2 trand the 3 trand just to make sure the wagoon is active trend .

if any body realy know where is the true trand is , IT will be the end of the market . well it can be track but batter be save and sorry , see the trand put 1k lots to it make some , but next time put 1k lots

wont work , so another important thing is MM too . let the market or the data move first , till can be identify what and how it will react to the trader around the world , and what your thinking .

then get apicture where the trend is going .

just a case tsudy
Files:
3.png  48 kb

Shunmas:
"analized" is a derogatory word. It should be "analysed" or "analyzed".

Thanks,

Corrected!

I identify a trend when i see rsi enters over sold or bought zone

fxwithouttears:
I identify a trend when i see rsi enters over sold or bought zone
In the forex market, if you want to be correct 90% of your trades, just apply a ranging-market strategy.

thank for the information :)

I like to use two moving averages. For me, the 120 simple moving average and 65 simple moving average do a great job. The 65 period moving average acts as a dynamic support and resistance while the 120 moving average is to  identify overall trend. However, the 120 moving average would be very lagging and so I compensate for that by using the 65 period moving average. Looking for the cross over point and how price is placed along with each help. 

There is no one right way. You can also do fractal counting, use other indicators, and so on. Just whatever works for you.  

My preferred method is EMA crossover.
If the 50 day EMA is below the 200 EMA you're in a down trend. If 50 EMA is above 200 EMA, uptrend. If the 50 is moving away from the 200, the trend is getting stronger, if it's moving towards, the trend is getting weaker and might reverse. If the 50 EMA is constantly hovering near the 200 EMA then you have a sideways market.

Mohammad Ali:

Hi guys, I just start a trading discussion about what the best method to identify trend. We know there are three type of trend:

1. Up Trend     2. Down Trend     3. Sideway.

How we identify Trend?

Thanks in Advanced. 

Wrong question because the real answer is in your question. In order, the answer is: up, down, sideways...  There are any number of ways to make an indicator for trending and they are all in MARKET... just filer the word trend and sort by FREE to get some basic ideas.

All the various ways to tell the trend have upsides and downsides depending on how they are actually traded such as with timeframe or using multiple timeframes with longer for direction and shorter for the actual trigger.

There are lots of articles to read but you can follow trader's pages here and see what works for you.

Absolutely take your time learning and use a DEMO account to test strategies.