order split

Hi all, is there the possibility to split an order in 2 orders after it was opened?

I'd like to give a take profit at half size, an leave the other half without take profit.

I know I could open 2 different orders at the beginning, but I noted that with high volatility my broker executes only one order and there is the risk to miss a good trend.

I also know that a possible solution is use OrderClose to close half size if a target is reached, but I'm curious if I can split the order.

Thank you!

Alberto_jazz:

Hi all, is there the possibility to split an order in 2 orders after it was opened?

I'd like to give a take profit at half size, an leave the other half without take profit.

I know I could open 2 different orders at the beginning, but I noted that with high volatility my broker executes only one order and there is the risk to miss a good trend.

I also know that a possible solution is use OrderClose to close half size if a target is reached, but I'm curious if I can split the order.

Thank you!

Trie to do it this way define Lots1 and Lots2

Make Lots = Lots1 + Lots2

Open with Lots the trade

Later you can close part Lots1, or Lots2 this way you can also close different from half size

My problem is not to close half order (or a part of it).

I'd like to split the original order in two new positions without closing them.

Alberto_jazz:

My problem is not to close half order (or a part of it).

I'd like to split the original order in two new positions without closing them.

You can't split opened position because it's already accepted by broker and sent to banks

Some broker however allow you to close partial part of your position - ask your broker

:)

Open the trade with a Takeprofit of 2*half size close the first part at half size TakeProfitLevel

Is that difficult if your broker allows partial closing

The other half you can still manage when first part is closed

That way you don't miss a good trend But like

is saying you can't split a running trade in two running trades.....

deVries:
  1. You can't split an order, only partial close (which generates a new ticket number)
  2. What is the error code when it fails? Are you doing a RefreshRates() between the server calls so your opening price is correct?
  3. Have you considered opening two pending orders?