Changing and selling indicators from metaquotes or the codebase

Hi,

if I change the graphic and add some conditions from "free" indicators like MACD or others with opened code in the codebase can I sell this indicators??

Or is there any licence on it??

Lot's of thanks

sunshineh:

Hi,

if I change the graphic and add some conditions from "free" indicators like MACD or others with opened code in the codebase can I sell this indicators??

Or is there any licence on it??

Lot's of thanks

Do you have permission from the Authors to do that ? No ? well then you can't. Well you can . . . but not 100% legally.

What about indicators from

#property copyright "Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp."

#property link "http://www.metaquotes.net/"

??

sunshineh:

What about indicators from

#property copyright "Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp."

#property link "http://www.metaquotes.net/"

Well they are . . . "Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp." so you need to get permission from MetaQuotes.

I think a lot depends on which parts of the indicator code you copy and modify, because when you consider most of those indicators are just standard implementations of algorithms invented decades earlier, most of which are loosely based on a moving average slightly modified and placed in a loop to create indicator lines there probably isnt a whole lot metaquotes can claim legal copyright to.

SDC:

I think a lot depends on which parts of the indicator code you copy and modify, because when you consider most of those indicators are just standard implementations of algorithms invented decades earlier, most of which are loosely based on a moving average slightly modified and placed in a loop to create indicator lines there probably isnt a whole lot metaquotes can claim legal copyright to

True That. The impressive part would be your ability to sell the same old thing with a twist. I'd seen someone selling a $299.99 indicator recently. Wow is all I can say. ;)