Dukascopy volume conversion to Metatrader volume.

Recently I downloaded Dukascopy tick data and went through the Birt's EA Review script process to create HST and FXT files. Does anyone out there know what happens to the volume data? What I noted is that the true volume in the tick data is lost in the conversion process. What ends up in the tick data is a fractional value of the original volume. In other words it take 2.4 in original tick data and ends up as .00075. Is there some type of conversion mechanism?

I guess what ends up in the HST files is based on the number of ticks within the relevant time period . . . which is what volume means in MT4.

RaptorUK:
I guess what ends up in the HST files is based on the number of ticks within the relevant time period . . . which is what volume means in MT4.

RaptorUK,

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping that there was a possible conversion process to get the tick volume into MetaTrader so that it replaced the current volume that is reported which is the number of changes in the bid price. If not I will have to convert with ones instead of the true volume. I wonder why Metaquotes does not allow within this field the true volume? I have read that brokers retain this data so that they are one up on the retail trader. Though I do not understand why this field does not allow for the upload of this data regardless.