Strategy Test: Last trade Loss-Only Loss = Test error or Trade actual?

I just did a backtest using a 1 minute timeframe on a New EA that I completed. The first 21 trades of a total 22 are winners.

The last trade shows a significant loss and the chart drops off. I have noticed this on some of the EA'S on the code base also.

Is this something to ignore or do I have one bad trade at the end of the test? There weren't any errors in the Trade journal.

It says close at stop and there are No actual stops being used. Just a closing criteria. ????

JimTrader1

MetaTrader4 platform

MBTrading Broker ECN

if there is no more data to test the order gets out like a stop

jimtrader1:

I just did a backtest using a 1 minute timeframe on a New EA that I completed. The first 21 trades of a total 22 are winners.

The last trade shows a significant loss and the chart drops off. I have noticed this on some of the EA'S on the code base also.

Is this something to ignore or do I have one bad trade at the end of the test? There weren't any errors in the Trade journal.

It says close at stop and there are No actual stops being used. Just a closing criteria. ????

JimTrader1

MetaTrader4 platform

MBTrading Broker ECN

When the testing period is over, if a trade is still open the tester will just close it. So for example with this highly technical EA ...

int start(){

if( OrdersTotal() == 0 ){
      OrderSend( Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, 10, 0, 0);    
   }

return(0);
}

It just opens an order and lets the tester close it at the end of the test period. The journal then reports "order #1 is closed" and in the trade results tab it says "close at stop", which just means when the tester stopped.

dabbler:

When the testing period is over, if a trade is still open the tester will just close it. So for example with this highly technical EA ...

It just opens an order and lets the tester close it at the end of the test period. The journal then reports "order #1 is closed" and in the trade results tab it says "close at stop", which just means when the tester stopped.

Ok, Got it! Thanks much dabbler.