Example EAs--- need some help please

I have been searching for answers, that I have not found, so I am not being lazy, I hope somebody will help.

When I change an example EA in the trading platform, how can I save the changes and rename it. Do I need to go build a new one in the editor with the same inputs or can I save it with the changes I made in the back tester.

Also, What is a step in the inputs, and how do I know if they are set correctly, it seems to ask for example, stoploss of 10,start at 10, what is step, and what is the stop at the end. It seems to want to double the stop or something.

Also in the inputs, what is value, can it be a word describing the function, or does it have to be the stop value in pips for the stoploss handler?

Is it possible, in this MQL5 system to right a EA that will trade based on the moves in other markets, say for instance a trade is placed based on how the S&P500 moved, or something similar?

Can a robot be coded in this platform to report subscriber activity and tracked by the creator in terms of how much money is traded, and profit made, so that it could be offered as a share in profit instead of a monthly fee? I would want it to send a report to me with subscriber account#, lots used, profit, loss, ect and credit me a share in profit to my account at certain time intervals, and I would need the ability to update it when needed, and stop, pause, or delete subscriptions when necessary.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks

KenMcCormick:

I have been searching for answers, that I have not found, so I am not being lazy, I hope somebody will help.

When I change an example EA in the trading platform, how can I save the changes and rename it. Do I need to go build a new one in the editor with the same inputs or can I save it with the changes I made in the back tester.

If you are talking about change in the code, then use the Save As... command in the File menu.

If you are talking about change in the parameter when you backtest an EA, see Context menu on this page.

Also, What is a step in the inputs, and how do I know if they are set correctly, it seems to ask for example, stoploss of 10,start at 10, what is step, and what is the stop at the end. It seems to want to double the stop or something. 

Step is used for Optimization process, see same page as above.

Also in the inputs, what is value, can it be a word describing the function, or does it have to be the stop value in pips for the stoploss handler?

Is it possible, in this MQL5 system to right a EA that will trade based on the moves in other markets, say for instance a trade is placed based on how the S&P500 moved, or something similar?

Not sure I understand your question, MT5 can be used to trade a lot of different instrument (Forex, CFD, Future, Metals, Commodities, Share...), you only have to find a broker who provides the instruments you need.

Can a robot be coded in this platform to report subscriber activity and tracked by the creator in terms of how much money is traded, and profit made, so that it could be offered as a share in profit instead of a monthly fee? I would want it to send a report to me with subscriber account#, lots used, profit, loss, ect and credit me a share in profit to my account at certain time intervals, and I would need the ability to update it when needed, and stop, pause, or delete subscriptions when necessary.

Of course, SendMail and/or SendNotification can be used for this purpose. They are also others methods to get information, for example see this article.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks

You are welcome.

angevoyageur:

If you are talking about change in the code, then use the Save As... command in the File menu.

If you are talking about change in the parameter when you backtest an EA, see Context menu on this page.

Step is used for Optimization process, see same page as above.Not sure I understand your question, MT5 can be used to trade a lot of different instrument (Forex, CFD, Future, Metals, Commodities, Share...), you only have to find a broker who provides the instruments you need.
Of course, SendMail and/or SendNotification can be used for this purpose. They are also others methods to get information, for example see this article.

You are welcome.

Regarding, the S&P500, and trading according to it, what I mean is, I want to be able to code the trade of a pair(GBPUSD), based on the price action in the S&P500, using it as a benchhmark of sorts.

Has anyone done it, or something similar on this platform?

Regarding a share in profit verses a monthly fee, how is that done, and are there any legal issues.

How is the code of an EA hidden from subscribers. And thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

KenMcCormick:
Regarding, the S&P500, and trading according to it, what I mean is, I want to be able to code the trade of a pair(GBPUSD), based on the price action in the S&P500, using it as a benchhmark of sorts.

Yes the platform is designed for this. You'll need to find a broker who provides the S&P500_Data for downloading for your back_test. You'll need to find a broker who provides the S&P500_live for your demo|real trading.

Has anyone done it, or something similar on this platform?

Yes.

Regarding a share in profit verses a monthly fee, how is that done, and are there any legal issues.

It cannot be done. Charging subscribers based on how-much money they make is interesting | debatable.

How is the code of an EA hidden from subscribers. And thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

EA is-not the same as Signals. EA do-not have "Subscribers". Signals have "Subscribers".

If you Sell an EA, you still cannot Discriminate against the buyer because they have a bigger account. I read that one in the Expert_Advisor Seller rule. Putting codes within *market_EA which sends Emails or Any Information back to you would be just wrong. Finally, the EA code is Protected by Meta-Quotes using New-Technology.

Subscription: Any Trader can setup a Subscription service and have other people copy their trades for monthly/weekly fees. They're not limited to auto-mated trading. There's no-code transfer nor need to worry about protecting codes.

You'll have allot of questions which I'll recommend reading Articles on this website about a subject you're interested in. We cannot man every question everyone may have in this manner. Also, use the search feature on the top of the website and read all material because the information IS there, its just a matter of finding it. 

Ubzen:

Yes the platform is designed for this. You'll need to find a broker who provides the S&P500_Data for downloading for your back_test. You'll need to find a broker who provides the S&P500_live for your demo|real trading.

Yes.

It cannot be done. Charging subscribers based on how-much money they make is interesting | debatable.

EA is-not the same as Signals. EA do-not have "Subscribers". Signals have "Subscribers".

If you Sell an EA, you still cannot Discriminate against the buyer because they have a bigger account. I read that one in the Expert_Advisor Seller rule. Putting codes within *market_EA which sends Emails or Any Information back to you would be just wrong. Finally, the EA code is Protected by Meta-Quotes using New-Technology.

Subscription: Any Trader can setup a Subscription service and have other people copy their trades for monthly/weekly fees. They're not limited to auto-mated trading. There's no-code transfer nor need to worry about protecting codes.

You'll have allot of questions which I'll recommend reading Articles on this website about a subject you're interested in. We cannot man every question everyone may have in this manner. Also, use the search feature on the top of the website and read all material because the information IS there, its just a matter of finding it. 

Thanks for your input. I search, but do not find, I am spoiled by Google search probably, where I do find. Thanks again though.

KenMcCormick: Thanks for your input. I search, but do not find, I am spoiled by Google search probably, where I do find. Thanks again though.

Google is also a good search to use. It's also my preferred method. Try putting this in google.

site:mql5.com/en/articles subscription

Take note of the articles* that's how I'll search for articles on this site through google. For forum use /forum. Any link section from the top can be search in this manner /wall  /docs  /code_base /article /championship /market /signals and /forum.

Ubzen:

Google is also a good search to use. It's also my preferred method. Try putting this in google.

site:mql5.com/en/articles subscription

Take note of the articles* that's how I'll search for articles on this site through google. For forum use /forum. Any link section from the top can be search in this manner /wall  /docs  /code_base /article /championship /market /signals and /forum.

I should have thought of that, because I do it when performing due diligence on emails, phone numbers, and other data, on prospective partners in my ventures.Thanks.