plot indicator with different timeframe than the graph one

Hi,

is it possible to plot an indicator (separate window) using different timeframe from the currency's one?

ex. currency plot is at H1 I'd like to plot ATR(M15) or ATR(daily) 

michelino:

Hi,

is it possible to plot an indicator (separate window) using different timeframe from the currency's one?

ex. currency plot is at H1 I'd like to plot ATR(M15) or ATR(daily) 

Of coursen why not ? See the Codebase, there is several examples.

angevoyageur:
Of coursen why not ? See the Codebase, there is several examples.

found! here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/178 there's a good example. it works I'm going to modify it to let it work on other indicators

thanks 

RSI multi-timeframe [v03]
RSI multi-timeframe [v03]
  • votes: 9
  • Armand Kilian
  • www.mql5.com
RSI indicator, can be applied to any timeframe (higher or lower than the current chart's timeframe).

This is a very good example of transferring any indicator into MTF version. But now I would like to merge both codes to have one MTF indicator only.

It means,

instead of just calling indicator in MTF version (ExtRsiHandle_TF2=iRSI(NULL,InpTimeFrame_2,InpPeriodRSI,InpAppliedPrice) to put the whole code of single timeframe indicator into MTF version (no need single timframe file anymore).

Can you guide my where to start?

Thanks and regards

Peter

How to call indicators in MQL5
How to call indicators in MQL5
  • KlimMalgin
  • www.mql5.com
With new version of MQL programming language available not only the approach of dealing with indicators have changed, but there are also new ways of how to create indicators. Furthermore, you have additional flexibility working with indicator's buffers - now you can specify the desired direction of indexing and get exactly as many indicator's values as you want. This article explains the basic methods of calling indicators and retrieving data from the indicator's buffers.