Ubzen Creating Immortal EA - page 2

@SDC: thats not bad at all for a non-optimized run. The hard part would be trying to make it work with 2% or less Risk per trade or something along that line. But yeah you're in the right place. I'll be looking to see if Flipping-Signals or Staying-Out during a Market Change would help within this project. All that would be aimed at reducing the drawdowns. Should it turn out that Progressions are most effective at minimizing the drawdown then Progressions it is then.

@trivates: your work around looks good enough for what you're trying to accomplish. I don't really intend to deal with Metals tho. But that shouldn't stop you from doing your own thing.

@ubzen that was a test of my macd60 indicator WHR and JJC helped me with, the test was using the obvious trading signals they were not profitable until i applied martingale to it.

It runs in the Strategy tester . . . places an order . . and thats it.

RaptorUK:
It runs in the Strategy tester . . . places an order . . and thats it.
Thank you very much for all your help. If you figure out what went wrong. Let me know. I think it's bedtime (1:32am)

trivates:
Thank you very much for all your help. If you figure out what went wrong. Let me know. I think it's bedtime (1:32am)
You are welcome . . . I don't do Technical indicators though so I'm no help with all the squiggly lines on the chart . .. ;-)

RaptorUK:
You are welcome . . . I don't do Technical indicators though so I'm no help with all the squiggly lines on the chart . .. ;-)
I'm going to repost the code in a new thread. I will call it "Sound Strategy, Faulty EA, Logic works, Program doesn't"

Ok, Here's what the almost 10y back-test looks like. The End Month pretty much marks the last time I downloaded Forexite's Data and Ran Period Converter. I don't really feel like updating right now so it is what it is. I also provided the codes and more info on the test within a zip folder. If people wanna run it on other brokers or optimize the gap settings, I'd like to know how it turns out. Test ran for now is EURUSD image below.

Profitable but very, very far from the goals I've outlined. Just looking at it, I can see 8 years of break-even and 3 years of Losing all over the place. One certainly cannot quit their day job for such a performance. Ah, but what about if we change the order types during trending or ranging markets. Or maybe sit out when the system is out-of-phase. Could we get out winning year after year with this system? Also, I intend to use every trade management technique I'm aware of. Starting with the most recommend ones. If those don't get us there, then we'll use the non-recommended ones.

Ps- I'm writing the codes from stretch, mainly because I wanted to remodel my old functions and add detail comments. However half way through I got sick of the pace and really wanted to run the test so I stopped commenting and toke some short cuts. I'll be sure to fix them later ... also the size of the code is going to grow allot. I'll try to keep the system as one file but its already limiting me somewhat. Anyways I'm thinking some of these functions are going to turn into library files or includes in the future.

Files:

Here's USDJPY for the same period. They kinda show a bit of negative correlation, or is it just me? :).

Hmm.. Appears like my USDJPY test ended sometime in Feb 2009, I'll have to look into that.

Доброго времени суток уважаемые форумчане!

Меня зовут Герман, мне 23 года, я являюсь трейдером компании "Инстафорекс"

Помогите в поиске нужного скрипта! Скрипт нужен для сетки отложенных ордеров.

hey ubzen. It des not look that bad. In the results i can see a few very big losses. If you can get rid of these 10 losses and combine both symbols the result might not look that bad. However 300 trades in 10 years would definately be not enough for me. But the strategy could be a part of a multistrategy trader..