EA won't trade in strategy tester (MQ4 file attached)

I'm confounded.

My program's strategy is fairly simple:

I'm using a 5-bar bollinger band on H1 charts.

Entry Strategy:

When the middle band shows that the average price is moving up, the program is to place a long trade on the opening tick.

When the middle band shows that the average price is moving down, the program is to place a short trade on the opening tick.

Unless the open price is outside of the upper and lower bands, then it is to do nothing.

Exit Strategy:

All Long positions are to be liquidated when the bid price moves above the upper band.

All Short positions are to be liquidated when the ask price moves below the lower band.

When I compiled the program, I got no errors but when I ran it in Strategy Tester, it failed to execute a single trade. What have I done wrong? (see attached file)

Files:

Works for me . . . almost 500 Orders in 2 months, Jan & Feb 2010 EURUSD, what is your starting balance ? what messages are you getting in the Strategy Tester Journal ? -3% profit

RaptorUK:
Works for me . . . almost 500 Orders in 2 months, Jan & Feb 2010 EURUSD, what is your starting balance ? what messages are you getting in the Strategy Tester Journal ? -3% profit

Ok, it's working now but I'm getting big losses too. 3000 USD on XAUCHF. I'm going to look into this and make sure the orders are being placed correctly. Thanks for testing it!

Oich... it seems to be the spread that's killing me. It did what I told it to do. Exactly what I told it to do... but the spreads are killing me. UGH! back to the drawing board.

Thanks for playing.

trivates:

Oich... it seems to be the spread that's killing me. It did what I told it to do. Exactly what I told it to do... but the spreads are killing me. UGH! back to the drawing board.

Thanks for playing.

You are welcome . . .

Did also get a lot of trades, but it were only BUY trades testing EURUSD H1 strategytester

hahaha! I flipped everything around so the program traded exactly opposite of the way it was designed.

Massive $8000 profit on XAUCHF with a sullen plummet to zero before the month was out. Now it's REALLY back to the drawing board!