Quick pointer on iBarshift

Hi

I am using ibarshift to identify the daily start time of a session for my EA:

double dHi = nd(iHigh(Symbol(),Period(),iHighest(Symbol(),Period(),MODE_HIGH,iBarShift(Symbol(),Period(),dst,false))));

The "dst" is defined in the EA already, so if dst is 00:00hours then it will look for the higest price from 00:00 to the current bar?

What if I wanted to go from 00:00 hours and up the current bar +2 how can I do this I have been playing about with the "false" part of the code but with no luck.

Thanks

Antony

tonyjms2005:

What if I wanted to go from 00:00 hours and up the current bar +2 how can I do this I have been playing about with the "false" part of the code but with no luck.

Thanks

Antony

Your issue is that your are not setting a start value for iHighest, if it is not set then it assumes a value of 0, i.e. the current bar . . .

https://docs.mql4.com/series/iHighest

so change to this . . . (coloured braced added for clarity)

double dHi = nd(iHigh(Symbol(), Period(), iHighest(Symbol(), Period(), MODE_HIGH, iBarShift(Symbol(),Period(),dst,false), 2 ) ) ); 

tonyjms2005:
  1. Write readable code.
    datetime dst       = Time[0] - Time[0] % 86400; // Today 00:00
    int      shiftTo   = iBarShift(NULL,0, dst),    // from 00:00 hours
             shiftFrom = 2,                         // to   current bar +2
             length    = shiftTo - shiftFrom + 1;
    if (length <= 0) return; // Sunday market opens 22:00. There may NOT be two bars.
    int      shiftHigh = iHighest(NULL,0, MODE_HIGH, length, shiftFrom);
    double   HH        = High[shiftHigh],
             dHi       = nd(HH);
    Then you can print pieces to find problems.
  2. No need to use iHigh(), marketInfo(MODE_ASK), etc. when you can use the simpler High[], Ask.