Slippage in pending order in OrderSend() function - page 2

Alain Verleyen:
Of course it occurred on all brokers. It's inside bar, you can't see it without checking the ticks.
it didnt happen with my other broker

Adebayo Owoeye:
it didnt happen with my other broker

What happened with your other broker?

no Slippage

Adebayo Owoeye:
no Slippage

Then I suggest that you use the broker with no slippage in future.

Unless, of course, you only checked in the other broker with the strategy tester.

Keith Watford:

Unless, of course, you only checked in the other broker with the strategy tester.

I checked with a smaller lot size.. And yes, I've immediately moved my monies! I just feel this should be reported to forestall future rip-offs as thats what it feels like

Adebayo Owoeye:
I checked with a smaller lot size.. And yes, I've immediately moved my monies! I just feel this should be reported to forestall future rip-offs as thats what it feels like

What do you mean "I checked with a smaller lot size" ?

How did you check?

Keith Watford:

Keith I am not sure it's a good advice.

Slippage like this is a normal thing, the broker I checked is an ECN. If a broker filled a sell stop order at the exact price without slippage while there was no check price, that means it's a market maker and they are manipulating the quotes. It should be checked in details, which I didn't do, but I find very suspicious a broker with no slippage in such circumstances.

Alain Verleyen:

Keith I am not sure it's a good advice.

Slippage like this is a normal think, the broker I checked is an ECN. If a broker filled a sell stop order at the exact price without slippage while there was no check price, that means it's a market maker and they are manipulating the quotes. It should be checked in details, which I didn't do, but I find very suspicious a broker with no slippage in such circumstances.

Hi Alain,

fair comment.

I agree that it seems very suspicious that there was zero slippage at news time. That is why I am wondering whether Adebayo actually checked with the other broker by running his EA through the strategy tester. Waiting for a reply to my earlier post asking how he checked.