Adding an indicator on an other indicator window

Hi All,

I am adding an indicator B on a window containing an other indicator A. I realize that indicator B has a different value than the one it would have if it was dropped alone.

Do you know how I could extract indicator B values through an EA when B is dropped on indicator A?

Many thanks for your help.

trader_yang:

Hi All,

I am adding an indicator B on a window containing an other indicator A. I realize that indicator B has a different value than the one it would have if it was dropped alone.

Do you know how I could extract indicator B values through an EA when B is dropped on indicator A?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi trader_yang,

If you are using an EA...you don't need to "drop" an indicator B onto indicator A...

Just call both values from iCustom statements and compare the A indicator and B indicator values directly in the EA for your Buy/Sell logic. Faster and easier than trying to mix two different indicators into one...

Placing them directly in the EA also makes it easier if you are using the A indicator values to get the B indicator values (or vise versa)....

And if you want to actually "watch" the two indicators work while using Strategy Tester....open a fresh chart and place both indicators on the chart in the way you want them. Save as a Template...and use the Template when you use Strategy Tester to test your EA...

Hope this helps,
Robert

cosmicbeing:
Hi trader_yang,

If you are using an EA...you don't need to "drop" an indicator B onto indicator A...

Just call both values from iCustom statements and compare the A indicator and B indicator values directly in the EA for your Buy/Sell logic. Faster and easier than trying to mix two different indicators into one...

Placing them directly in the EA also makes it easier if you are using the A indicator values to get the B indicator values (or vise versa)....

And if you want to actually "watch" the two indicators work while using Strategy Tester....open a fresh chart and place both indicators on the chart in the way you want them. Save as a Template...and use the Template when you use Strategy Tester to test your EA...

Hope this helps,
Robert

Thanks for your help. However 2 indicators in different windows do not show same values. That is why I am asking the question. I have no problemes with getting the values from indicators generally, except in this particular case...

I think he's referring to an indicator of an indicator, E.G. moving average of RSI. That you can't get via iCustom. Either combine the two into a new indicator or add the second indicator code to the EA.

Thanks, you confirm what I was expecting....

WHRoeder:
... E.G. moving average of RSI. That you can't get via iCustom. ....

I disagree. Well, okay, I agree with you for 'DIRECTLY' get it, but consider ...

A) create new indicator that calcs MA of RSI

B) use iCustom to get THAT value

brewmanz:

I disagree. Well, okay, I agree with you for 'DIRECTLY' get it, but consider ...

A) create new indicator that calcs MA of RSI

B) use iCustom to get THAT value

I did say
Either combine the two into a new indicator

Yes, in any case we need to use iCustom at one point to get indicator value.

But the point here is that we need to rewrite the indicator.