How do you back test EAs that use multiple currency charts

Can anyone tell me how to back test an EA that uses multiple currency charts?

Example: EURUSD, EURCAD both at the 5 min.

It could be any combination of pairs... and may be even up to 3 pairs.

Mt4 is not designed for multi-currency testing. Your best bet would be to install mt5 if you can. There are multiple posts on the forum in regards to multi testing but they're not straight forward. IMO it's just not worth it on mt4.

thanks... I'm not familiar with mt5. Do I need to check with my broker to see if they handle mt5?

Most brokers don't offer mt5 yet because it's new. However you can use it for testing your multi-currency strategy and then implement it in mt4. Mt4 can execute multiple currencies in live/demo trading but just cannot back-test them.

got it.. thanks... I will look for a broker that has mt5, and get a free demo account... thats a great idea.

but remember that what you coded in MT4 would not work in MT5.

you need to change the code a bit before you use it on MT5

mrchuckw:
got it.. thanks... I will look for a broker that has mt5, and get a free demo account... thats a great idea.
Remainder: Even though you install MT5, since it is yet to go live, very few pairs are provided(ie. FXDD has 21 Pairs on MQ4, but only has 4 on its MQ5Demo Platform). if you find one that has many more pairs, please PM me

You can not get bar zero data from other pairs/time frames in the tester. Not looking at bar zero should be no problem.