Receiving Emails in the Client Terminal

Hi Y'All,

I have been learning Forex and Metaquote 4 over the last 2 years, I have a 30 year background in computers so happy to take a technical response.

Having developed an Automated Trading strategy over this time, I am now trying to fine tune some of the interactive parts, namely Email. I have sending emails working, this was easy, but I do not receive any news alerts in the mailbox. I am currently using demo accounts to perfect the program, but have never been able to received an email or news alert.

I do not know what infomation to provide to assist, but if someone in Forum land can assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ultimately, I would like to receive news alerts, but if this could be taken one step further and allow me to control (say) the global variables (via a script) by sending an email with set/given text that the MQ4 program can inspect and take action; for instance, close or open a trade remotely, adjust stoploss by sending an email with given text in the subject line. If anyone can provide guidance on another way of acheiving the same result, this would be great, but emails seem to be a way of commincating remotely. No I do not want to set up an RDP solution if this is on someones lips. I am running WinXP and the latest build of MT4.

If this is not possible with MQ4, that I accept that, even if I can get news alest working, this would make me happy. Have searched forums, but not found anything about sendmail config that I did not already know. Yes, news alerts are enabled.

Thanks for your attention

and given all good grace, watch for me in future EA Championships.

BTW, great job on MQ4 ladies and gentlemen,