Broken signal subscriptions due to broker messing with server names

Hi,

How do I contact support or admin directly on this site?  I have an urgent problem with paid (and free) subscriptions using Pepperstone as the MT4 broker.  Pepperstone have made changes to their server names and it has broken the signal service.  I suspect that all Pepperstone clients are having the same issue.  I spent an hour in chat with Pepperstone and they weren't really interested as it is a "3rd party" service.  I disagree on that because the signal service is an integral part of the MT4 platform which they offer.  Anyway...

I have resubscribed to two paid signals to restore the functionality with the new server name, because I could not see anyway to manually update the server name on this site.  It worked for less than a day and is now broken again.  The new subscriptions have now magically reverted to the old server name and so they are also broken.  I now have four paid subscriptions (which are actually two) and none of them work.

Please can somebody look into this or provide contact information for support.

Or if you are a Pepperstone client having the same issue please ring them and maybe we will get some response if they get enough calls.

Many thanks!

Go to your Profile (link on the top right of this page), and to Service Desk (link on the left side).

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I saw that but it didn't seem like the right place.  More like just bug reporting.  I have put in a request there.

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

Hi,

Same problem here. I am not sure what is the problem, but this has been a recurring issue. Severs change names by the broker and the signal is disconnected. Pepperstone is not interested in support and refer me back to MQl5. I sent a request through the service request section. Hopefully this can fixed soon. Also it would be nice to get an email alert that the signal connection is disconnected so one can react instead of monitoring it daily.

Fred

fbawab:

Hi,

Same problem here. I am not sure what is the problem, but this has been a recurring issue. Severs change names by the broker and the signal is disconnected. Pepperstone is not interested in support and refer me back to MQl5. I sent a request through the service request section. Hopefully this can fixed soon. Also it would be nice to get an email alert that the signal connection is disconnected so one can react instead of monitoring it daily.

Fred

Hi Fred,

The service desk got it working for me by updating the server name here.  I'm with you on the email alert thing, as there's no way to know it's stopped working without manually checking.

Greg

xorpheus:

Hi,

How do I contact support or admin directly on this site?  I have an urgent problem with paid (and free) subscriptions using Pepperstone as the MT4 broker.  Pepperstone have made changes to their server names and it has broken the signal service.  I suspect that all Pepperstone clients are having the same issue.  I spent an hour in chat with Pepperstone and they weren't really interested as it is a "3rd party" service.  I disagree on that because the signal service is an integral part of the MT4 platform which they offer.  Anyway...

I have resubscribed to two paid signals to restore the functionality with the new server name, because I could not see anyway to manually update the server name on this site.  It worked for less than a day and is now broken again.  The new subscriptions have now magically reverted to the old server name and so they are also broken.  I now have four paid subscriptions (which are actually two) and none of them work.

Or if you are a Pepperstone client having the same issue please ring them and maybe we will get some response if they get enough calls.

Many thanks!

An other time, please use this topic Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service for question about Signals service.

angevoyageur:
An other time, please use this topic Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service for question about Signals service.
Thanks!  Maybe put a link to that on the signals page?

xorpheus:

Hi,

Many thanks!

2517575:
You have to write to ServiceDesk.