Connecting to an Oracle DB

All,

I have been going through forums with no luck so far. My problem is quite simple:

• has anybody been able to easily connect to an Oracle DB from MQL4/5
What I am looking at doing is:

- write to the DB (INSERT)

- read from the DB (SELECT)

- ... and also possibly execute procedures/functions on the database and return results to MQL

Any help appreciated.

Neil

I have not yet seen this coded already in any mql4 forum but I think it should not be too difficult to quickly write a little dll for this. Free Pascal comes with an Oracle driver as well as Delphi and I am sure there is also something for C++

7bit:
I have not yet seen this coded already in any mql4 forum but I think it should not be too difficult to quickly write a little dll for this. Free Pascal comes with an Oracle driver as well as Delphi and I am sure there is also something for C++

take a look for lazarus, free ide for free pascal, so does not cost except your time :-)

EADeveloper:

take a look for lazarus, free ide for free pascal, so does not cost except your time :-)

If you use Lazarus (which I recommend) then don't download the 0.9.28.2 release which is now already 2 years old, instead use the 0.9.31 snapshot or wait another week for the upcoming 0.9.30 stable release which has been tagged last week after nearly 2 years of hard work and many great improvements and the release builds are expected to be ready any moment now.

Make sure you download the 32 bit version for making MT4 dlls, even if you have an x64 architecture. MetaTrader is a 32 bit application and so it can only load 32 bit dlls. For a general introduction about writing DLLs for MT4 see the ForexFactory thread "MetaTrader DLLs with Lazarus" (you will find it with google).