Attaching indicator to chart

I'm trying to attach a chart overlay indicator to my chart so I can view two currency pairs on one chart and nothing is happening. I've downloaded a few custom technical indicators that work fine but for some reason any indicators that I try attaching to the chart do not work. There are no errors, they just don't do anything. They work fine for other people who are using them though so I'm confident its not a problem with the indicator. I'm new to metatrader and I'm just wondering if anyone can point me the right direction to figuring this out.

You've not given us much to go on. Actually, nothing at all.

Some indication of the indicators you're using is needed; ideally source but even compiled code would be a help.

As for the statement "There are no errors, they just don't do anything", does that mean that you have checked the various Terminal tabs like Alert, Experts & Journal? There should be SOMETHING printed there, even if only something like
"[time] Custom indicator BREW_SAK_Smoothed6NoLag GBPJPY,M15: loaded successfully"
and
"[time] BREW_SAK_Smoothed6NoLag GBPJPY,M15: initialized"

Maybe they are copy protected, and you cannot just copy them to your computer & use them - all just supposition without more to work with.