Flashing the icon in the status bar.

Anyone have code to get the metatrader icon in the Windows status bar to flash? I think you need FlashWindowEx but there's a fair bit to it, so if someone's already done this in MQL4 it would be a great help if I could have the code!

Thanks.

i don't understand what u r trying to achieve can u explain a little bit

Yes, the status bar at the bottom of the Windows screen has an icon for each application that's running. It's possible for applications to cause their icon to flash in order to catch the user's attention. I've never had a programme do this myself but I think the FlashWindowEx API is what is needed. Most applications don't do it very often (maybe when you're closing down and they want to ask you if you want to save your changes) but it would seem an appropriate thing for metatrader to be able to do. Alternatively it might be built into metatrader so you don't need the API?

Arbu:
Yes, the status bar at the bottom of the Windows screen has an icon for each application that's running. It's possible for applications to cause their icon to flash in order to catch the user's attention. I've never had a programme do this myself but I think the FlashWindowEx API is what is needed. Most applications don't do it very often (maybe when you're closing down and they want to ask you if you want to save your changes) but it would seem an appropriate thing for metatrader to be able to do. Alternatively it might be built into metatrader so you don't need the API?
What stops you from trying it? To get the window handle just use the handle of the chart's parent window.

Typically, you flash a window to inform the user that the window requires attention but does not currently have the keyboard focus reaf more http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679347(v=vs.85).aspx