Old tick>> Any answers to the problem of it stopping ea from working...

Old tick stops ea's from operating. Please dont say that it does not because it does. I have searched the forum with no joy. Any actual known ways around the problem.

not sure seems to me ping is too long

gavin:

Old tick stops ea's from operating. Please dont say that it does not because it does. I have searched the forum with no joy. Any actual know ways arould the problem.

Maybe a problem with the time synchronization of your virtual machine, resulting in wrong timestamps of some files on the disk and metatrader behavoing strange because of it? (wild guess, but I had similar problems in my VMWare on an Intel CPU with speedstep enabled (variable clock frequency))

Ok, any sugestions? I dny see how old tick can disable the start function ase it is doing and does in most cases described in this forum??

gavin:

Old tick stops ea's from operating. Please dont say that it does not because it does. I have searched the forum with no joy. Any actual known ways around the problem.

I don't follow. I've seen "old tick" for years and its never stopped any of my EA's. This is news to me.

1005phillip:

I don't follow. I've seen "old tick" for years and its never stopped any of my EA's. This is news to me.

Yes its seems to disable my ea"start function" until i change timeframe or initialize the ea again. any ideas anyone?