Interesting news: Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway - page 4

i hope it will be good but i dont know .

RaptorUK:
Yes,  if the source code is compatible with MT4 and MT5.  If you create an Indicator using IndicatorCounted() it will probably still not compile for MT5.

Much more easy. It will be OnCalculate() with prev_calculated parameter. In the MT4

IndicatorCounted() will return the same value. Don't use IndicatorCounted() and indicator sources (in the most cases) will be compatible in the both directions  MT4 <-> MT5

Hello,

In regards to DLL functions calls in MQL4 - they are much slower than calling MQL4 function. This needs to be fixed in upcoming changes as DLL functions seems are loaded without caching so for example when invoking DLL function 100 000 times in strategy tester (and calling for 5000 price Bars on each new bar) you will notice real difference between DLL function call and MQL4 function call in this case.

To repeat issue:

Make 5000 times call to MQL4 implementation of iStdDev() function on each new bar in strategy tester and try same on DLL implementation of iStdDev().

P.S> In my case the strategy tester starts to slow down to almost real time as I am trying to call standard deviation as filter then passing resulting array buffer to each new ZigZag bar and then doing Elliot Wave counting based on 2 resulting ZigZag array buffers(2 x 2 times counting for each)...

Cheers!

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types - Documentation on MQL5

T-1000:

Hello,

In regards to DLL functions calls in MQL4 - they are much slower than calling MQL4 function. This needs to be fixed in upcoming changes as DLL functions seems are loaded without caching so for example when invoking DLL function 100 000 times in strategy tester (and calling for 5000 price Bars on each new bar) you will notice real difference between DLL function call and MQL4 function call in this case.

To repeat issue:

Make 5000 times call to MQL4 implementation of iStdDev() function on each new bar in strategy tester and try same on DLL implementation of iStdDev().

P.S> In my case the strategy tester starts to slow down to almost real time as I am trying to call standard deviation as filter then passing resulting array buffer to each new ZigZag bar and then doing Elliot Wave counting based on 2 resulting ZigZag array buffers(2 x 2 times counting for each)...

Cheers!

Hi, your issue has nothing to do with the new mql4/MT4 in preparation. You can always contact to ServiceDesk to report any issue you have with MT4/mql4.

angevoyageur:
Hi, your issue has nothing to do with the new mql4/MT4 in preparation. You can always contact to ServiceDesk to report any issue you have with MT4/mql4.

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

I will raise support ticket then.

stringo:

Much more easy. It will be OnCalculate() with prev_calculated parameter. In the MT4

IndicatorCounted() will return the same value. Don't use IndicatorCounted() and indicator sources (in the most cases) will be compatible in the both directions  MT4 <-> MT5

Hi stringo,

on the subject of Indicators . . . .  bearing in mind that the MT4 Strategy Tester is not capable of testing all Indicators correctly and that there is no option to test an Indicator instead of an EA ( as there is with the MT5 ST )  how will a buyer of a mql4 Indicator, from the Market, be able to evaluate it ?   

So will mql5 code that is position based and closes short positions by going long be compiled into an ex4 that opens orders in a particular direction but these orders can still cancel each other when opened in reverse... i.e. they do not have independent t.p. and s.l.?... 

ssn:
So will mql5 code that is position based and closes short positions by going long be compiled into an ex4 that opens orders in a particular direction but these orders can still cancel each other when opened in reverse... i.e. they do not have independent t.p. and s.l.?... 
No.  There will be no direct compatibility between code written for MT4 and MT5 . . .  it should be a little easier to convert though.

RaptorUK:
No.  There will be no direct compatibility between code written for MT4 and MT5 . . .  it should be a little easier to convert though.
Yeah it should be easy enough... looks like more of a step forward for mt4 than any backward adaptation for mt5... 

I have a hedging strategy, I operate simultaneously buy and sell orders,  when given enough time, according to market signals, I close one of the orders and another remains in operation.

With MT5 platform this is not possible.

My question:

The MT4 platform will continue to allow the opening of two contrary orders simultaneously, Sell and Buy?

Thanks!
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM - Documentation on MQL5