Transfer location of objects on chart to CSV file - page 2

Resurgum:

This is a serious query. I have many hours of research on this and I say this for those whose posts convey that they think this is an attempt to get others to do my homework for me or "give me a fish". 
The responses have failed to satisfy the question. If that is the objective, please don't respond.
Please don't obscure the effort here if you don't understand the question, don't want the question answered or your answer doesn't is inadequate. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideally, What I’m looking for is a piece of code that:

1. Finds the objects on a chart (i.e. Arrows at the highs and lows and /or vertical lines etc)

2. Writes a CSV file with the object type, time value, price value

I have code that can create objects from a CSV file to the chart, but not random named/placed objects from the chart to the file. I suppose the main problem is that ObjectFind looks for named objects. If the script hasn’t named the objects itself or hasn’t been told their names, it can’t find them. Manually naming each object would defeat the purpose of having a script to make an object list file.

The reason that I suggested that it may not be possible is because  the script needs to find the objects to name them and the objects need names to find them. Of course each object gets a name when they are created but the script doesn’t recognize it unless it is told what it is. I am looking for direction in this because it seems that mql4’s limitations have created a paradox. Maybe some experienced coders have overcome this.

Essentially, the values in the file that the object list window is created from is what I need in a CSV file.

My answer above will help you solve your no.1 and 2 query which is relevant and hasn't been pointed out. 

If you show your code the part where you're stumped or at least show what direction your last effort was heading, then you will get more specific answer and not waste yourself the time.

There are also possibilities that your request and your code logic may not match. We can only give you guesses if only relying on your request/explanations.  

Here's more relevant link recently contributed by Emilio in case you missed it. And in case you'll miss the relevance, here it is : 

Emilio's script can read from objects made manually from charts provided you add a specific prefix to their name. Once renamed, you can use the script to manipulate them.

Your paradox need not existed if you clearly knew you're objective. You need to figure out which is head or tail first. Not the other way around.

Please don't obscure the effort here if you don't understand the question, don't want the question answered or your answer doesn't is inadequate. 

You're not even clear on your explanation... 

I have code that can create objects from a CSV file to the chart, but not [...] random named/placed objects from the chart to the file. 

what's implied inside brackets? It implies create when you meant retrieve

zzuegg:

if you take a look at the link WHRoeder posted you will see following example code:

this is a loop which outputs the names of all objects on the chart.

Should be easy modifying it to output price time ecc.

At next step it would be also easy to store that values into a csv.

And this is what you want....

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.

This is how I responded to WHRoeder: "Can code be added to this function that would give the object type, time value, price value?"

This is how you responded to my post: "Should be easy modifying it to output price time ecc."

I guess my question should have been: "What code needs to be added to this function that would make it return; object type, time value, price value?"

If you know this, please tell me. I understand that this is "easy", but easy is relative.

Thank you

Resurgum:

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.

This is how I responded to WHRoeder: "Can code be added to this function that would give the object type, time value, price value?"

This is how you responded to my post: "Should be easy modifying it to output price time ecc."

I guess my question should have been: "What code needs to be added to this function that would make it return; object type, time value, price value?"

If you know this, please tell me. I understand that this is "easy", but easy is relative.

Thank you

you can get all objectinformations with this function: https://docs.mql4.com/objects/ObjectGet

cameofx:

My answer above will help you solve your no.1 and 2 query which is relevant and hasn't been pointed out.

If you show your code the part where you're stumped or at least show what direction your last effort was heading, then you will get more specific answer and not waste yourself the time.

There are also possibilities that your request and your code logic may not match. We can only give you guesses if only relying on your request/explanations.

Here's more relevant link recently contributed by Emilio in case you missed it. And in case you'll miss the relevance, here it is :

Emilio's script can read from objects made manually from charts provided you add a specific prefix to their name. Once renamed, you can use the script to manipulate them.

Your paradox need not existed if you clearly knew you're objective. You need to figure out which is head or tail first. Not the other way around.

You're not even clear on your explanation...

what's implied inside brackets? It implies create when you meant retrieve.

I appreciate the effort that you have put into this answer. I hope you don't feel that I was questioning your motives so that you would give a detailed (if not abrasive) response to secure your image. I apologize if you took it this way.

zzuegg:
you can get all objectinformations with this function: https://docs.mql4.com/objects/ObjectGet

Thank you

cameofx:
Why not see all neighboring links while you're there? See ObjectDescription.
Or look at the Example!
What code needs to be added to this function...
No slaves here. Either learn to code or pay someone.

WHRoeder:
Or look at the Example!No slaves here. Either learn to code or pay someone.

no ego stroking here. If you don't want to help, ignore the post. Don't clutter it so every reader will think you are great.

"Learn to code or pay someone."

There is a third option. Be taught.

I was under the impression that this forum was for newbies to receive instruction from experienced coders. "learn on you own" is not instruction.

Surely there is a place somewhere between "do it yourself" and" spoon feed me". You don't learn from paying someone to code for you. Maybe "pay someone" is a solicitation.

This is the first time I have posted to this forum. I'm not sure I am interested in posting again.

The drive by sniping the wannabe experts inflict on someone trying to learn and asking for help isn't a pleasant experience.

My condolences to those who have requested assistance before me and have had the same experience.

I still have confidence that there are fine people here. People that don't mind lending a hand to someone that is willing to learn.

If this was the whole point of your query. You would save yourself the unpleasantness and ask that in the first place. ObjectGet can be easily looked up in the documentation and it shows you're not putting enough effort of looking for that function or understanding them in the first place. I'm sorry if this is too critical for you. You only get what you give.