How to view and modify a protected expert advisor ?

Hi,

I have an expert advisor which trades quite well but when i try to modify expert advisor,nothing happens.I think its protected or some think similar which only an expert programmer or some having the knowledge of programming language might be knowing and unfortunately,i am not one of them.Therefore,please let me know how i can view and modify such expert advisors.Regards ...

Do you own the rights to the code of your EA? Or does the code belong to someone else?

innovativebug:

Hi,

I have an expert advisor which trades quite well

if it trades well then there is no need to change it.

@ 1005phillip : The expert advisor was made by me with the help of a strategy builder but unfortunately,they do not provide several conditions so in order to input shift1 and shift0 logics,i need to view the code of the ea.I read their terms and conditions and according to that,the user of the ea claims the rights and usage of the ea,they will not be liable for any damage,loss or revenue.so,its preety clear that i can or any one can modify this ea ...

do you have the mq4 file or only the ex4 file?

innovativebug:

@ 1005phillip : The expert advisor was made by me with the help of a strategy builder but unfortunately,they do not provide several conditions so in order to input shift1 and shift0 logics,i need to view the code of the ea.I read their terms and conditions and according to that,the user of the ea claims the rights and usage of the ea,they will not be liable for any damage,loss or revenue.so,its preety clear that i can or any one can modify this ea ...

Thanks for verifying, we get a fair amount of misappropriated code in here so its just prudent for us to ask in advance.

Next question then is what enotrek asked above, do you have the mq4 source file?

No i don't have the mq4 source file,its just an ex4 file ...

I suggest you hear with your programmer to get the sourcefile