Newbie question. Pl help

HI,

I am trying to add an exponential Moving Average of the lows to the chart using the custom indicators function. However, the system doesn't allow this. I am on a demo account, by the way. Please guide me.

Thank you

Your question is a bit vague.....but here goes.

Can I assume that you are doing this in the terminal by dragging the indicator onto a chart ie not programmatically?

When you say it is not letting you, can you be more specific? There are many problems that can occur so you would need to give us a hint. The first place is to look in the Experts tab at the bottom of the terminal straight after you have tried to load the indicator and tell us what it says.

Also, did you mean custom indicator? I ask this since there is a standard MA indicator that ships with MT4.....basically, it would be a custom indicator if you had to "install" the indicator before use.

kennyhubbard:

Your question is a bit vague.....but here goes.

Can I assume that you are doing this in the terminal by dragging the indicator onto a chart ie not programmatically?

When you say it is not letting you, can you be more specific? There are many problems that can occur so you would need to give us a hint. The first place is to look in the Experts tab at the bottom of the terminal straight after you have tried to load the indicator and tell us what it says.

Also, did you mean custom indicator? I ask this since there is a standard MA indicator that ships with MT4.....basically, it would be a custom indicator if you had to "install" the indicator before use.

Thank you for your response. After reading it, I figured out some of the things I missed out. Appreciate your time. Regards