comments on historical transactions

How can I change the comments on the transactions which have already been closed?

Wow, what a good question.

heyarn:
How can I change the comments on the transactions which have already been closed?
AFAIK, u can't.

gordon:
AFAIK, u can't.

thanks gordon!

Has anyone tried to pass on an open trade from one EA to another? I mean I have a primary EA that wins 80% of the time. For the remaining 20%, instead of closing them at a loss, I want to pass this trade to another EA with exit strategy logic. I know we can't change the comments field nor the magic number field.. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on how I can do this.. Thanks again!

MT4 server can change the comments using Administrator. Ask your broker or IB to change the comments. Regarding passing EAs to another EA - this could be done with the use of specific trade tickets or magic numbers. You would have to time stamp it or have some identifiable value that could be picked up by the 'new' ea. This is a great idea, please post your results if you do it. We have a problem with some EAs when the terminal crashes, and the EA is reloaded, it doesn't 'pick up' the old orders so we may as well realize the loss. (I realize this is due to poor EA programming, but it's a 3rd party EA that is commented in we assume cyrillic which shows up as garbage on our machines).

heyarn: