Could be a small Holy Grial ???

Helloooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!

People with more experience than me, I want to ask you if these ea´s based on price patterns ( without indicators ) could be a good system..

I know that it´s a daily system with a few signals but with a good Money Managment......

( Tested in 20 years in 5/6 different brokers )

Any comment will be welcome....

CROM:

Helloooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!

People with more experience than me, I want to ask you if these ea´s based on price patterns ( without indicators ) could be a good system..

I know that it´s a daily system with a few signals but with a good Money Managment......

( Tested in 20 years in 5/6 different brokers )

Any comment will be welcome....

Always same comment...what about real test ?

Matutin:

Always same comment...what about real test ?

Hello Matutin,

Thanks for answer me....

I work in these ea´s testing in a demo account without indicators..

I don´t Know what happens in the future in a real account...

Someone with a experience in a real account with price patterns ( and one filter ;)....) could help me....

For example EURUSD DAILY..

Initial deposit10000.00

Total net profit150926.00Gross profit195097.10Gross loss-44171.10
Profit factor4.42Expected payoff1372.05

Absolute drawdown900.00Maximal drawdown8718.00 (5.84%)Relative drawdown28.73% (3890.00)

Total trades110Short positions (won %)48 (93.75%)Long positions (won %)62 (87.10%)

Profit trades (% of total)99 (90.00%)Loss trades (% of total)11 (10.00%)

Averageconsecutive wins9consecutive losses1

Those are really good results. If the test is bug free then you've got a really nice system on your hands. The only thing I don't like about it is the limited amount of orders 110 orders in 10 years is like 1 order per month at best. You'll need to stack your chips high in order to make any real money from this system when the opportunity arises. I cannot tell what lot size you're using in your test but if its anything above 1.0 then the system is not robust enough. Because that'll mean if I used 1 lot, I would have only made 15k in 10 years and at 0.1 lot only 1.5k in 10 years. Compounding wouldn't help it much because of again the limited orders.

As a last note, those results are not exceptional based on those number of orders. I can optimize any Indicator/Oscillator to give that result with those number of orders.

C

A combination of price-driven code and the D1 chart has got to be worth a go on a live micro account
This is clearly a very conservative system, so the number of trades is only just statistically significant

As it doesnt trade very often, you should certainly use code to handle failures of the OrderSend, OrderModify and OrderClose (if used)
You would know quite soon if it wasnt going to work (e.g. max consecutive losses being out of line with expected)

Good Luck

-BB-

I can optimize any Indicator/Oscillator to give that result with those number of orders

That is such a good point :)

My interest is based on it being price-action on the significant D1 chart

-BB-

Really thanks for the answers...

I use 1 lot, and it´s possible to do this type of ea with each pair. For this reason I think that´s possible to work better with a good MM.

In my first message I attach the test of 4 diferents pairs, there are approximately 380 trades ..

And I repeat, it´s possible to do these ea for EACH PAIR only based in Price Patterns and one filter.

I don´t use indicators only price patterns and all the orders have TP and SL

Another important cuestion is that you don´t have stress with this system.

At 00:00 o´clock you have to put your order and the TP or SL will do the rest.

I don´t want to live 24 hours near my PC.

BarrowBoy:

C

A combination of price-driven code and the D1 chart has got to be worth a go on a live micro account
This is clearly a very conservative system, so the number of trades is only just statistically significant

As it doesnt trade very often, you should certainly use code to handle failures of the OrderSend, OrderModify and OrderClose (if used)
You would know quite soon if it wasnt going to work (e.g. max consecutive losses being out of line with expected)

Good Luck

-BB-

Yep :), if someone had to dare me to produce such results, D1 charts would be the first place I'd run to. As far as statistically valid # of orders for back-test, I don't know if anyone have the answer for that question. I just learned that Error handling redundancy should be a staple for any code trying to go live. Humm... yep good point, I wonder if I'll be able to continue using that system if it toke 3 loses in a row.

Like I'd said CROM, you have a Great System. With Max drawdown of $8718 dollars that might be all you need to start making 15,000 dollars per year. If you put that on 5 other pairs, thats about 75,000 per year and if it continues going so good you may even want to double the lot size when you double your capital for the Dream. Hehehehe..... I got carried away there :) well good luck either way. See you on the other side at Forex-Tropia.

CROM:

Really thanks for the answers...

I use 1 lot, and it´s possible to do this type of ea with each pair. For this reason I think that´s possible to work better with a good MM.

In my first message I attach the test of 4 diferents pairs, there are approximately 380 trades ..

And I repeat, it´s possible to do these ea for EACH PAIR only based in Price Patterns and one filter.

I don´t use indicators only price patterns and all the orders have TP and SL

That's impressive steady profit curve CROM. I'm curious to know how you code Price Patterns without the possibility of turning it into / calling it an indicator. Is it statistical?

I think you have done a good job... others have said that you might want more trades to have greater assurance that your system will hold in the future.

But, with the high profit factor and the graph, well, it shouldn't be too much longer... :)

Does your system work on shorter timeframes?