EA WILL NOT START CONSISTANTLY

OUR EA WILL NOT START CONSISTANTLY. WE HAVE THE EA ON BETWEEN 5 AND 11 CHARTS ON THE SAME PLATFORM AT THE SAME TIME.

THE EA AND ALL ITS INDICATORS WILL START ON SOME OF THE CURRENCY PAIRS BUT NOT ON OTHERS. CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON WHY SOME PAIRS MAY NOT START PROPERELY?

WE USE ALERTS AND MESSAGES IN THE START UP PROCESS. WE REQUIRE A DISCLAIMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ON START OF THE EA. WINDOWS 7, VISTA, AND XP ALL ACT THE SAME.

BUILD 225 AND 226 HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS!? DOES YOUR KEYBOARD NOT HAVE LOWER-CASE LETTERS? DO YOU PROGRAM YOUR CODE IN ALL-CAPS?

STOP SHOUTING

Does suppressing the disclaimers, stop the problem? Require one disclaimer, one time, not one per chart per terminal start. (Global variable)

HansA:

OUR EA WILL NOT START CONSISTANTLY. WE HAVE THE EA ON BETWEEN 5 AND 11 CHARTS ON THE SAME PLATFORM AT THE SAME TIME.

THE EA AND ALL ITS INDICATORS WILL START ON SOME OF THE CURRENCY PAIRS BUT NOT ON OTHERS. CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON WHY SOME PAIRS MAY NOT START PROPERELY?

WE USE ALERTS AND MESSAGES IN THE START UP PROCESS. WE REQUIRE A DISCLAIMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ON START OF THE EA. WINDOWS 7, VISTA, AND XP ALL ACT THE SAME.

Not trying to shout. Just had CAP LOCK on when sending the message. Seldom if ever post to a forum. Only the second time ever trying this.

WHRoeder:

STOP SHOUTING

Does suppressing the disclaimers, stop the problem? Require one disclaimer, one time, not one per chart per terminal start. (Global variable)

Your suggestion is valid I think. I have supressed the Disclaimer with the same results. Can you clarify how you would program a Disclaimer once and only once at EA program start up?

HansA:

Just try another EA! New good trading robot by Rita Lasker appeared recently. It is easy to find and to install on your computer. You may try it - it is free. http://robot4free.com/

HansA:

Your suggestion is valid I think. I have supressed the Disclaimer with the same results. Can you clarify how you would program a Disclaimer once and only once at EA program start up?
Here's my semaphore code. If the semaphore=0 (another EA has posted the disclaimer, wait) if the semaphore doesn't exist (created it=0, post disclaimer, wait, set it=1)
if (GlobalVariableSetOnCondition( TC_VARIABLE, 1.0, 0.0 )) {
    step=TCSTEP_BUSY;   // Semaphore now set. Check for non-sema EAs
} else {
    int _GetLastError   = GetLastError();   switch(_GetLastError) {
    case 0:                         // Variable exists but is
        break;                      // already set. Need to wait.
    case ERR_OBJECT_DOES_NOT_EXIST:         // unlock returned
    case ERR_GLOBAL_VARIABLE_NOT_FOUND:
        GlobalVariableSet(TC_VARIABLE, 0.0);    // Create it.
        _GetLastError   = GetLastError();
        if (_GetLastError != 0) Print(
            "GetTradeContext: GlobalVariableSet(", TC_VARIABLE,
            ", 0.0) Failed: ",  _GetLastError );    // Error
            return(TC_ERROR);
    default:
        Print(  "GetTradeContext:GlobalVariableSetOnCondition('",
                TC_VARIABLE, "',1.0,0.0)-Error #", _GetLastError);
        break;
}   }   // switch(_GetLastError)

WHRoeder:
Here's my semaphore code. If the semaphore=0 (another EA has posted the disclaimer, wait) if the semaphore doesn't exist (created it=0, post disclaimer, wait, set it=1)

Thanks for the code and help. Much appreciated.