EXPERT ADVISOR OPTIMIZTION TIMES

Im trying to optimize and EA it has about 7 different settings for about 9 months on the 1 minute chart. My meta trader says it should take 30(754 hours) days to optimize.. Is that how long it usually takes? i have a pretty fast computer this is just crazy to me. Is there any way to speed this process up?

Have you tried another EA from example folder? See from there.

freddwit2dz:
Im trying to optimize and EA it has about 7 different settings for about 9 months on the 1 minute chart. My meta trader says it should take 30(754 hours) days to optimize.. Is that how long it usually takes? i have a pretty fast computer this is just crazy to me. Is there any way to speed this process up?

Don't do stuff on every tick if you only need to do it once per bar,  don't do stuff once per bar if you only need to do it once every few bars, etc . . .

There is a good example of how you can improve the performance of your EA in the Strategy Tester here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/144240    mql4 but the same principle applies,  performance improved from 3hrs 35 min  to  1 min 40 seconds

Performance Strategy Tester using Windows 8 - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
Performance Strategy Tester using Windows 8 - MQL4 forum

how many combination do you have?

doshur:
how many combination do you have?
The problem is probably that the EA has some bottleneck.