MT5, mql5, mql5.com suggestions for improvement. - page 8

Marco vd Heijden:

Here's another one.

Issue: OBJPROP_SELECTABLE disabled by default.

In MT4 you could drag a line by simply double clicking it.

In MT5 not so.

Someone could argue about just the reverse depending of it's needs.

Don't rely on any default value and set the properties as you need. That's a good coding practice.

Alain Verleyen:

Don't rely on any default value and set the properties as you need. That's a good coding practice.

Agreed, but it would be good to see consistency across platforms unless there is a cogent, rational reason for the change.

Alain Verleyen:

Yes but you can't deny that it is one more additional step to get what one used to get on MT4 and that's whats holding me back the totally insane amount of extra work to get to the same output.

And this issue is cross platform, so it should be identical.

honest_knave:

Agreed, but it would be good to see consistency across platforms unless there is a cogent, rational reason for the change.

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes but you can't deny that it is one more additional step to get what one used to get on MT4 and that's whats holding me back the totally insane amount of extra work to get to the same output.

And this issue is cross platform, so it should be identical.

I know. I experienced it years ago already. But what ? Metaquotes do it that way, and as you I don't understand why. But either you need (or want) to use both language and you have to deal with it, so my above suggestion. You can be sure MQ will not change such things now, MT5 was created 7 years ago.

I think this is a very good channel to keep in touch with the Metaquotes developers, great!

I have a suggestion for a new function.

I did not find any good and reliable way to check if the market/broker is opened. This is useful when we are using OnTimer event instead of OnTick.

Look some code example, the new function could be named as MarketIsOpen().

isOpen = MarketIsOpen();

if(isOpen){
   printf("Market is OPENED");
}
else{
   printf("market is CLOSED");
}

Gustavo Hennemann: I did not find any good and reliable way to check if the market/broker is opened. T
  1. If OnTick has been called (EA) the market is open.
  2. You didn't search very hard. Code one, two minutes of work:
    Not compiled, not tested.
    #include <mql4_to_mql5.mqh>  // TimeDayOfWeek
    #define HR2400 (PERIOD_D1 * 60)  // 86400 = 24 * 3600
    #define INDEX   uint
    #define SECONDS uint
    SECONDS     time(datetime when=0){        if(when == 0) when = TimeCurrent();
       return SECONDS(when % HR2400);
    }
    datetime    date(datetime when=0){        if(when == 0) when = TimeCurrent();
       return datetime(when - time(when) );
    }
    bool MarketIsOpen(void){
       datetime now = TimeCurrent();
       SECONDS  tod = time(now);
       int      DOW = TimeDayOfWeek(now)
       datetime from,to; uint session=0;
       SymbolInfoSessionTrade(_Symbol,DOW,session,from,to);
       return from <= tod && tod < to;
    }
    Not compiled, not tested.
    1. Draw rectangle around range of bars by hours - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
    2. Free download of the 'MT4Orders' library by 'fxsaber' for MetaTrader 5 in the MQL5 Code Base
    3. Checking for Maket Closed - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum

I haven't encountered any bug, but it would be great that one of the feature of mt4 is inherited in mt5.

i.e. hedging, buying and selling currency pair consecutively, why is that feature dropped out.

anurag bhargava:

I haven't encountered any bug, but it would be great that one of the feature of mt4 is inherited in mt5.

i.e. hedging, buying and selling currency pair consecutively, why is that feature dropped out.

There is more than 1 year it is done.

MetaTrader 5 features hedging position accounting system
MetaTrader 5 features hedging position accounting system
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
In order to expand possibilities of retail Forex traders, we have added the second accounting system — hedging. Now, it is possible to have multiple positions per symbol, including oppositely directed ones. This paves the way to implementing trading strategies based on the so-called "locking" — if the price moves against a trader, they can open a position in the opposite direction.

Alain Verleyen:

There is more than 1 year it is done.

is it supported by every broker, or is it a mt5 built in feature.

Is there any way to ensure that copying (by holding down the CNTRL button and clicking and holding the mouse over the trendline) & moving already created trend lines is done smoother in MT5? Compared to MT4 its clunky and sluggish. Why is this and can we get it fixed?