Metatrader platform missing quote ticks

Hi All,

Maybe someone could assist with this question - I'm running EA's with much success, and obviously on each tick coming in to the terminal the EA will execute. I'm however finding that over certain time frames - late night GMT - I miss quite a few ticks which throws my EA's out and won't execute till the next tick comes in an hour later and should be every minute. If I check in the morning on history then all the quotes seem to download and come through. I've checked my uptime on my ruter and everything seems fine. Could this be a broker issue?

LyleP:
Hi All,

Maybe someone could assist with this question - I'm running EA's with much success, and obviously on each tick coming in to the terminal the EA will execute. I'm however finding that over certain time frames - late night GMT - I miss quite a few ticks which throws my EA's out and won't execute till the next tick comes in an hour later and should be every minute. If I check in the morning on history then all the quotes seem to download and come through. I've checked my uptime on my ruter and everything seems fine. Could this be a broker issue?

I think u are confusing ticks with chart data... The 2 are not the same. I recommend u use something like TickSave (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7777) to make sure ticks are coming in. With all the brokers I worked with so far there's an average of about 30 ticks/minute. Of course there are times during the day when it's much lower and times when it's much higher... But it's extremely rare not to get a single tick in a full minute (when u r connected), not to mention an hour?!

The history center seems to be updated by a secondary stream of data (with H/L/O/C prices only) and not necessarily in real-time, hence if history center has all data in the morning, it doesn't mean anything.

thanks Gordon. I wasn't aware of that difference, i will load script and investigate. Much appreciated!